out my mind.

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone tell me , i know cervical cancer makes periods irregular... my friend saying it makes them all over the place and heavy.. was worried as i have had problems lately and my period has changed and i am only bleeding a couple of days 2_3 days a month instead of 5... has this happened to anyone else? also urinating a lot and tender pelvis ... on ovcassions its like a burning , half way through the month its worse during ovulation , extremely painful and painful periods...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Jassy, do you mind me asking - how old are you?
    • Posted

Ah, so it's unlikely to be anything linked to the menopause - that's what I was wondering.  While I wouldn't have thought this is linked to cervical cancer (but I really don't know much about it!) I certainly think it's something you need to ask a GP about, even if it's just for reassurance.  So I'd make an appointment and get it checked out if I were you.  I'm wondering if there's some sort of infection, so it would be as well to get it checked as soon as possible, in case it needs antibiotics or something.
    • Posted

funny enough i was just reading about menopause as i keep sweating as well.. night and in the day.. i feel awful been like it for months... keep thinking its my time up! horrible chtis xx
    • Posted

Jassy, you do need to ask your GP about it.  Just write down all the symptoms that you've told us, and ask them to sort it.  You're fairly young for menopause but I gather some women do go into it earlier than others, but I don't know that much about it regarding younger age.  But you do need to speak to your GP and get it checked out.  If it is early menopause then you might well go through it and then come out the other side fine, feeling as you did before, but without periods, so it's not all doom and gloom:-))))  Eat well, exercise well (weight bearing exercise is important for bone density) and enjoy it if that's what it is.  I'm 65, and went through the menopause at around 50 and am fit and healthy and happy.  Vaginal atrophy can affect around half of women but you might not be in that half:-))))  So take it as it comes, but it may not even be menopause, so just see the GP and see what they say:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.