Out of Answers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have mental illness sicne ave been a child been through some of the worst times and nmmot been out my door in 3 years i am in a state i have been taken fluxetine for least 2 years now mayeb year went from 20 to 60 nothina t all has changed if anything am back to square one, can'ts ee my Dr because am to physically ill and mentally ill and some counceling places wants me to travel to thenm after christmas which most likely not going to happen but always feels like these people force these things on you  i can't get out my door if i do it will only be a small pace at a time and onyl for so long near by my house but lately terrified to even got to the toilet or go down teh stairs casue my breathing has been really bad.  Drs won;t come out to see me same with mental health people such as pherapists or councelors makes me look bad to my eas will mos tlikely get stopeed for not showing up here after christmas. Life is just miserable day in day out people only think of what they see in the outside but don't relise wht's like to feel ill all the time everyday mentally and physically but it's all in my head yes try tellign your seklf that after years of feelign this s**t suprised ave not attempted suicide most liekly won;t don't have the balls or not my way of getting out of things but f**k me 27 years and trapped in house like a priisoner, sorry had to get it out got no were else to speak like htis cause everyone just takes it for granted and goes on about how it's in your head.

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Rossg

You need to refer yourself. In the UK you can call NHS Information Line on Tel 111 and they will arrange a Crisis Team to visit you. They can also arrange calls from Social Services via the Crisis team

BOB

• Posted

Yes, as the previous poster has said, there are people who will come and see you if you are housebound. A lot of people don’t seem to understand that you can be mentally housebound, as well as physically housebound.

The crisis team, along with the Community Mental Health Team need to know how you’re feeling so they can assess you and discuss with you what you would like and how to go about achieving these personal goals.

You could also request a home visit from your gp

• Posted

Sadly Drs that i have don't do home visits unless your old 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.