Out of Body...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Okay sweet ladies..I am going to try to explain this the best way I know how. Good luck trying to dechiper πŸ˜ƒ. I have had anxiety/panic basically my whole life. It has definitely gotten worse since perimenopause. This past year has been extremely rough. Not only with all the butthead symptoms, but my anxiety as well, and also depression (which I never had before). I feel very detached from my body. Almost as if I could wave to myself from across the room. It come and goes with its severity, but is always there. Of course the feeling makes me panic more, so it's a vicious circle. I am wondering if any of you ladies have experienced this, or am I as crazy as I think I am?

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iam having severe panic attacks just turned 50!!!my life feels like its over!! Just started hrt!!! It has to get better!!!

• Posted

Hello Laurie

Yes I've had this too, and also have had anxiety forever. Mine was more like I was disconnected. Like I wasn't sure if I existed, which was bizarre. I don't know how or when the went away but I rarely get it these days, or at least I'm more capable of not dwelling on it. Hope you feel better. If I can give any advice it would be to try to distract yourself from it. Clean, walk, read, anything really to interrupt the thought xx

• Posted

I understand about the disconnected feeling. Anxiety plus adding on our hormones=disaster πŸ˜ƒ! I do find when I am distracted I don't focus on it as much, so I try to keep busy, although the exhaustion makes it difficult, lol! I appreciate your reply!

• Posted

Hello Laurie

Yes I've had this too, and also have had anxiety forever. Mine was more like I was disconnected. Like I wasn't sure if I existed, which was bizarre. I don't know how or when the went away but I rarely get it these days, or at least I'm more capable of not dwelling on it. Hope you feel better. If I can give any advice it would be to try to distract yourself from it. Clean, walk, read, anything really to interrupt the thought xx

• Posted

It is called depersonalization or derealization disorder. It is an altered state of self-awareness and identity that results in a feeling of dissociation, separation from oneself and one’s surroundings, or both. Severe anxiety and stress could cause it, I am not a doctor, but in my opinion hormones could very well cause this along with all kind of other mental problems, but finding a doctor to agree with this is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Actually I think the needle in the haystack would be easier to find.

• Posted

I'll start looking for that needle, lol! I have heard about the disorder. I will have to do more research. It's just a horrible feeling. I find it is more pronounced near my period, when I am exhausted, and when stressed. So basically all the time πŸ˜ƒ Thank you for your reply!

• Posted

Thankfully I have never had this. I hope I never get this. It's sounds dreadful. I will be praying for you. But I think that it is on the list of anxiety symptoms that I posted here a few years ago. I think it is called disassociation. What an awful thing to go through. You said that you have had anxiety in the past, have you been to a doctor that deals with anxiety to see what they can recommend?

• Posted

Yes, I have been to a doctor. They seem to brush it off, just like many other things, lol. I am not one to take medicine, so I am trying to really see what in my life

(beside peri and normal stresses) seem to be setting me off. I appreciate your reply!

• Posted

If you're like me and are leery of taking all these medications then you should try some herbal supplements for anxiety like Rhodalia Rosea or Ashwaganda, Lemon Balm, 5-HTP, to name a few. Look up adaptagens on Amazon and check some of them out. There's got be something you can do. If the doctors can't help us we have to research and try things ourselves. It's sad that they get paid all that money and for what? Prayer and meditation also help to relieve stress and anxiety. Take Care.

xx

• Posted

I had this when I first had the severe anxiety and panic attacks due to peri. It was the scariest feeling I've ever felt and due to hormonal changes. It's soooooo horrible. I know!!! All I can say is that with time that things will improve. I'm still battling some anxiety but, not as bad as that was. Over time those feelings lessened. It's taken 8 months for me. I really feel your pain and your not crazy. You feel crazy though when your trying to explain what your feeling though to anyone. I know I did. You just need to ride it out. Lower your stress, exercise helps with the anxiety a lot. Take care of your self. Rest. I went to a chiropractor for some relief. I had very bad neck pain when I was going through that. I will say a pray for you tonight! Hope you feel better ❀️

• Posted

Thank you for this!! It is so hard to explain, but I am glad you know what I am talking about! I am so sorry you have to go through this as well, but I am so glad that it has eased some for you! I am trying to lower my stress, but it seems that I stress about EVERYTHING now a days. Even the doorbell sends me in to a spin, lol! I appreciate your response and your prayers! I will be praying for you as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.