Out of Breath

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi to all, i have COPD i am in my fifties,i have been short .of breath for years now but today i walked it to the hairdressers, bad mistake! i had to keep stopping as i just could not breathe.

My last lung function test was last year do you think i should go back to GP and tell him?.

Any advice welcome,

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Yes, I do think you should go back to your Doctor, there is a new Inhaler out now called  Brimica, and it is helping me at this time, I hope it will last helping me.

Kind Regards,

Carmwoman 

• Posted

Most definitely go back and let the doctor know what's going on . Are you on any inhalers? Where I learned the most about this disease in addition to this wonderful site was from the webinars of Noah Greenspan. He also has a new Facebook support group called Ultimate Pulmonary Wellness. Quite a few UK people on it as well as Australia New Zealand Canada and US has the most members. Do keep us posted. Hopen you get your symptoms resolved. smile
    • Posted

Thanks so much, i am on inhalers and i will also check out the site you named.smile
  • Posted

Hello Julie. Do you have electric storage heaters in your home? My breathing became so laboured that it was very frightening. Spent more than I could afford to see a respiratory consultant. After many tests and conversions on lifestyle he told me to have the storage heaters removed as they were more harmful than cigarette smoking. I followed his advice and I am slowly feeling better. Best wishes. Shirley
    • Posted

I dont have storage heaters Shirley, i used to smoke about 20 a day but gave up when i was in hospital with pneumonia, i guess it's why i now have the desease, thank you for your helpsmile
  • Posted

Yes Julie, I think you should go back to your gp and tell him.  What inhaler/s do you use? 
    • Posted

Hi Terri i am on Symbicort and a new one (steroid) i am gonna make a GP app, Thank yousmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.