Out of Curiosity, Who Here Has Had a Second Round of FS?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am curious, if you have had this awful condition twice (same shoulder a second time or the opposite shoulder, what was/is your experience?

Obviously much of the medical community has no idea, so if we need to be mentally prepared for another round of this condition, maybe we can obtain the information from one another…  I am very paranoid about having FS go into my other shoulder, as I am sure all of you are.

-Do you have an underlying health condition?

-How long was it before the FS popped up in the opposite shoulder?

-Did it come back in the same shoulder twice?

-What would you do differently from the first FS?

-Anything you feel keep the FS from returning? 

Thank you  in advance for your very valuable information/sharing your experience.    

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oct. of 2013, I developed fs on the left side.  This began therapy 3X a week and doing it daily at home which i did religiously.  Five months in to it, I got it on the right side though not as bad.  I had been scared of the steroid shot hearing horror stories, so I had not had one until I got it in the right shoulder.  At this point, I thought it couldn't be any worse than what I am feeling physically, emotionally, and even mentally.  My dr. was very good and the shot didn't hurt at all nor was I sore.  The next dr. visit, I got it in the lft.  To make a Long story short, one day while doing one of the exercises, it felt as if little fingers were going across my back.  My left side in the upper back felt numb and made bending down difficult.  My range of motion is almost 100%, but I still to this day do my therapy.  I don’t do much just enough to get me stretched out to where I can be comfortable.  I can honestly tell you I have not missed one single day of my therapy.  My problem now is I still have the numb feeling in my back at times.  It comes and goes.  My upper back and neck have good days and not so good ones.  Sometimes if I move a certain way, I feel a burning sensation like a nerve would feel I guess and I just stand there until it passes.  I have had many x-rays on both shoulders and all is good.  My dr. feels I could have fibromyalgia.  I have been under a great deal of stress due to losing my mother and while I know frozen shoulders are not terminal, I hate to say this but it has practically ruled my life.  I haven’t had a good night’s rest in 3 years due to sleeping on my back.  I wonder if anyone else has had this to happen to them to still feel the pain yet it is gone.  My shoulders pop and when they do, it feels better.  This is so hard to explain so I hope it makes sense.  No one understands this unless they’ve had it.?  I do not have any underlying health conditions.  Until this happened, I rarely had to go to the dr.

• Posted

Hi.  I developed frozen shoulder on my left side after a fall in Oct 2015.  I had surgery and MUA in April 2016, and now I am developing it in my right shoulder.  Am devastated by this as I had breast cancer in 2014 and now have no lymph nodes that side.  I have been told that if I got it that side, they would be very reluctant to operate.  I can't have injections on the right either! ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.