Out with the old.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Saw the Rheumatologist today, out with the leflunomide and in with cosentyx.That's mtx, hydrochloroquine, sulfasalazine, actemra, cimzia and economize that have failed to provide any relief. The Rheumatologist told me today I am one of the most difficult cases he has ever encountered, the other is receiving chemo. Oh joy.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That's terrible Tony, I hope the Costentyx works for you. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Posted

I seem to be allergic to most meds as well Tony - great isn't it.

• Posted

It seems that if your own immune system decides to attack you it's like a dog with a very juicy bone, it sure takes some mental strength when you have chronic health problems.

• Posted

According to most of my friends I seem to whinge about nothing! One even said to me the other day that she had 'a bit of rheumatoid in her thumb'. I sometimes want to strangle them (I won't though).

It's all in the name, no one says that they have a BIT of MS or lupus or Crohn's disease and yet the level of pain and exhaustion we with RA suffer is just as bad.

good luck to you guys, hope you get some relief.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, Tony.  I was wondering how you were doing.   Hopefully cosentyx will be the magic you need.   Not sure if any of those medications you had were an infusion.  MTX is chemo drug but RA pts take a much smaller dose than those with ca.

I hope this is THE answer for you!

• Posted

Sometimes it's nice to just be 'like everyone else' for whom the treatment works! Fingers crossed for you x

• Posted

I've pretty much given up on finding anything that will help with the pain.   Yesterday I said pretty much the same to the Rheumatologist, I also said I think we should concentrate efforts on pain control with NSAIDS and what have you and perhaps finding something that will slow down it's progress because it is now spreading like wildfire.   The Doc wasn't keen on my use of the ocassional ibuprofen but sort of gave in when I said I can't even lift a coffee cup without some assistance from tranadol and ibuprofen.

• Posted

Yep, been there. My husband has had to wedge a mug in my hands. It must be difficult to comprehend even for the professionals if you've never been there. Hope you get some relief soon.

• Posted

Hiya Tony, 

i li agree with you there I have tried mtx tablets then subcutaneous injections as tabs made me so sick! Then apremalast,golibunab,leflunimide,embrel plus various pain meds like gabapentin,tramadol, zomorph, fentanly patches to no deal the tried cosentyx which completely cleRed skin but never touched pains in muscles,bones or nerves so my rheumatologist said don't know where we're going go now treatment wise!!!!!! I wish you the best of luck to you with your treatment Tony smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.