Outbreaks occur frequently. Who can help me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Oral herpes often occurs whenever I have stress or eat processed foods. Blisters become itching, pain and even bleeding, especially in this weather. They get more dry and bleeding. I used to apply tea tree oil, but it only relieved pain and itching. Blisters still occur after that. I also try to cut down processed foods but it seems to be failed. Who can help me overcome outbreaks? 

Thank you so much!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, shevon1412

To overcome outbreaks, you should reduce your stress, it can trigger your oral herpes easily. If you have stress, you should forget it by doing anything you like, such as reading books, hanging out with your friends, listening to music or going shopping. Besides, you need to add more healthy foods instead of eating processed foods. Broccoli, spinach, yogurt, salmon, tuna, orange, strawberry should be added. They supply essential vitamins and minerals for your body to avoid outbreaks. Also, avoiding alcohols or fizzy drinks is a good way to prevent recurrences. Best wishes to you! 

• Posted

Hi, jenifer1303

I try to reduce my stress, but outbreaks seem to occur frequently. I'm worried that eating strawberry and orange during an outbreak will irritate blisters on my lips and cause more pain. Should I eat them

• Posted

Hi, shevon1412

Of course, you shouldn't eat vitamin C like orange, strawberry during an outbreak. They'll irritate blisters and make them worse. Instead, you should eat them when an outbreak goes away to boost your health. If outbreaks occur frequently, you can try to use antiviral creams and medicines approved by FDA. I think they prevent outbreaks well. 

• Posted

H, jenifer1303

Can you recommend me antiviral creams? I used to take oral medicines, but they caused side effects and I had to stop. Also, taking oral medicines seems to make my condition worse. 

• Posted

If medicines cause side effects, you can use antiviral creams. But, antiviral creams may depend on each individuals. I used to apply prosurx to remove sores on my lips. I waited 5 days to have results. My roommate also applied it, but she only took 3 days to see changes. The good news is to have no recurrences until now. So, I think medicines or creams depending on individuals. Besides creams or medicines, you should change your diet and lifestyle to reduce stress. The combination may be the best way to prevent your outbreaks. 

• Posted

hi, jenifer1303

Thanks for your helps. I think i should change lifestyle habit and diet to prevent outbreaks. For antiviral creams, I'll consider carefully before using. Generally, thank you so much!

• Posted

Hi shevon1412

I had the same problem as you, in that my stress levels caused frequent outbreaks. This coupled with the fact that stress also caused my immune system to flag meaning I was constantly sick and having constant parade of cold sores was unpleasant at best. I've had cold sores for the best part of 20years and would always get one or two a year but after returning to collage to finish my degree my stress levels went through the roof and that became about 8 separate outbreaks during the course of the first two thirds of the school year. Obviously after that I put some serious effort into researching a way to get rid. Eventually after much research I discovered many people were using olive leaf extract with great success. I ordered some immediately and have been taking it ever since, which is just short of a year now, and even though I have been really ill with the worst flu of my life the last few weeks and  was diagnosed with chronic stress a month ago I haven't had a single outbreak since I started taking it. It has been nothing short of miraculous, I only wish I had discovered it sooner. I hope this helps. :-)

• Posted

Hi, jade89692

Thanks for your helps. I have heard about olive leaf extract. But my classmate used it and encouraged me shouldn’t give it a shot. She told me it didn’t work for her. Is this treatment effective for your outbreaks? 

• Posted

Hi,

I thought I would pass on a remedy that has literally worked wonders for me. Since I started doing this I haven’t gotten a full blown outbreak for years. 

This remedy works best when you first feel that burning and tingling in the initial phase but if it has gone past that phase in my experience it stops it in its tracks and makes the healing start faster. When I first get the tingling I put Abreva or Lysine topical creams on the spot then immediately on top of that I dip a q-tip in DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) and dab that on top. DMSO is a chemical that helps the skin absorb topical creams deeper into skin layers. It burns a little bit and feels tight adfterwards but it is 1000% better then having a painful cold sore for 2 weeks. I bought a bottle of DMSO on Amazon.

Here is the article where I first read about it. Everything the author said in the article has been true for me:

[b]http://www.unconventionalhealth.com/Cold-Sore-Outbreaks[b].html

I hope this helps!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.