Outpatient Therapy ???

Posted , 7 users are following.

I start outpatient therapy tomorrow morning.  Since it's the weekend I cant call about questions.  I looked on their web page a bit closer on FAQ's.  There is a question that asked if they support 12 step programs. This was the answer:  

Yes. The 12-Step Model is an important component of our comprehensive chemical dependency treatment programming, and we encourage all clients to participate in AA/NA meetings both during their treatment experience and as an essential part of their lifelong aftercare plan.

My question is because it says "encourage" I'm thinking it's not necessary.  Any thoughts on how to read that.  Also, any thoughts on what anyone has gone through during outpatient therapy.  I've only done inpatiend rehab back in 2002 so I don't know what to expect from outpatient therapy.  I'm sure it all difers but curious as to what others think.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Outpatient has heard of gives info on Naltrexone. I have to find a doctor willing to prescribe it but I believe I know one in my area. What is the difference between pills and injections?
    • Posted

The pill can be used for TSM but not the injections. The injections are generally given once a month. I'd read up on the complications of the injections/implants before going that route. One benefit of the injections is that they get around first pass liver metabolism, so side effects are less, but the outcome would be similar to taking oral Naltrexone every day and that doesn't work in the long run. Dr. Eskapa's book (The Cure for Alcoholism) explains why taking Naltrexone on a daily basis doesn't work. If you'd like a free PDF copy let me know, if you prefer something you can hold in your hand, Amazon has it for a reasonable price. 
    • Posted

Thank you.  I figured the pill would be better for me.  I think the injection is more for those with heroin addictions.  I'll check amazon and see how much it costs and thank you for the offer the of the PDF.  I'll let you know.  
    • Posted

Kelly, how did things turn out with your family doctor? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.