Ouucchhhhh!!! 4 months...issues standing in one place... anyone else??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone!!! all of these stories make me want to cry !! I have been a dancer since age 3 and I believe due to switching to a concrete floor after a springy gymnastics floor is what gave me full blown PF in both feet so I am very depressed I'm trying to keep this short but does anybody else have trouble standing in one spot ?! I can't even do that more than 2 minutes let alone to cook dinner like my whole foot is hurting and is telling me to get off my feet!!! Heel pain, heel tenderness under while standing and walking, pain and crunchies along the arches of the foot?? I have spent thousands on therapies and gadgets.... just don't know if time off your feet will REALLY help or not..?! If anyone has had where they can't stand long and has gotten through this...please share so I can have hope! I cry daily in the bath room alone so my family can't see my breakdowns because no one truly understands sad

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

No doubt you will get loads of replies all with different ideas of what helps.   When mine is really bad I soak in ice water and elevate as long as I can rest.  This does help remarkable.  The other thing I do is tape the bottom of my foot and that gives and enormous amount of relief.  The Doc told me to do this . Go onto U tube for PF taping instructions,  and what tape you need to buy.

It seems that nothing is the same for 2 people.  I have bought gel insoles as people suggested and they for me make it worse.  I think it is whatever is the cause.  I paid to go and see a Podiatrist and bought some special trainers and he made the insoles for me to suit the shape of my foot.  They have not cured of course but when I wear them it is heaps better than anything else.  Fortunately they are a material trainer so I am able to put them in my washer. The Podiatrist said my problem was the alignment of my foot and I was putting pressure on my heel.  I went out last Friday and it didn't seem to bad so I had a little dance.  Couldn't walk for 2 days as the pain was so bad.    Keep living in hope it will suddenly disappear as what seems to happen with a lot of people with the problem.

• Posted

Hj zanylany,

Very happy when you can escape of that pain. How long had you got for your PF?

• Posted

I truly understand Yvonne39390... bless your heart. I can feel your pain thru your words, literally. I've had to stop cooking basically. My poor husband gets something quick every day for us since he cant cook either. Or we eat a frozen entrees. It makes me very sad bc to have me cook for him is just about the only thing he has ever asked of me bc he loves my home cooking and has always been so appreciative when I would. Having said all this, let me give you a summary of my story and then you can ask whatever you want.........

One day I just woke up with PF and had no clue what it really was until time started passing and I started researching and realized it was sounding like PF. My PF is mostly in center of my heel which feels like I am stepping down on a solid rock and then nerve pain around the edges. I may have to open another paragragh if this gets too long....sorry! Finally I read where you can roll it on a Frozen bottle of water and that this can really help I tried it and the pain totally left in my right heel but not in my left heel and for a couple years I just had it in my one heel. Then I was hospitalized and had to stay on my back for about 10 days once and then about nine days the other time and after the second hospitalization it was gone thank you Jesus! But now just recently it's come back in the left foot again and I am so upset because again I can't cook or do anything I can't even hardly walk and struggled to find something to pad my shoes with or or put in that shoe that will stay in the way of a good padding situation, very hard to find. So thats where I am now. I think I'm going to try the bottle of water on this left heel again since it totally took it away in my right heel before, and it was immediate. Hope this helps! Ladyjack51

• Posted

Hi Love!!!! Ughhhh I have tried to ice rolling for months and still excruciatingsad I am now on a knee scooter at home and only on me feet if I go to therapy or the grocery store for the next 6 weeks to see if it helps . I'm so sorry yours is hurting again!!!! I guess stretching is very important to keep up daily to prevent it from returning!! I do stretches for 20 min before I get out of bed each day for months. It has taken over my lifesad I'm due for another shot in 2 weeks.... ayyyyyy!!! sad

• Posted

Shots is a whole other issue. But did they work for you? So many people said they didnt work, or were extremely painly and I just felt like the cons were definatly higher than the pros. How have the shots worked for you?

Ladyjack51

• Posted

Hj yvonne39390,

Your issue is exactly same as what I got. I have been in PF almost 2 years. Spend lot of money in many remedies: take NSAID medicines, therapy, ice, shoes and even cortisone injections (twice so far)...It is not improved. I have so much pain in first steps in the morning or long period sitting. Now im very upset and depressed. I am try to take longer rest and have herbs. Considering quit the jobs to rest more. If you have better remedy to solve, really like to hear from you!

• Posted

Hi Victor

Quite surprised I did not get an acknowledgement to my reply for help from Yvonne.  Please take a look at my suggested advice.  The taping whilst it does not cure works like magic to reduce the discomfort.

I wear it when it is really bad and certainly am not in the same pain as before.   the injections are varied for different people.  Mine didn't do anything but some do feel the benefit.  I really do find elevation helps tremendously also.

• Posted

Hi!!! I don't want to jinx it but I haven't felt this good in months! I have been on a knee scooter around the house and tip toeing places like to get to the bathroom I stay off my heels as much as possible!!! If I do have to go somewhere I put my birkenstocks on and try not to walk many places. I do 20 min of foot exercises in the am before I get out of bed it's been about 5 days of these exercises even though I have been doing them for months!! Maybe there are specific ones that work best and doing 30 repetitions is helping!! I have been taking fish oil, calcium, vitamin d, MSM, green juices in the am, I have been on mobic twice a day for a week and that also may be helping!!! I am due for a 2nd steroid shot in 2 weeks in both feet but if I'm better by then i.wont get them!!! If it's true that it's a soft tissue Injury and tears.... then I believe rest and cushioning is the best thing to get it under control. And as much as I hate feeling helpless in my knee scooter I'm ever so grateful for.it.if it's help healing me !!!

• Posted

Hi Zanylany,

My pain was so long and very bad, I got it for 1.5 year. I never tried tape then I will do. Now do you quit from the pain or still have?

• Posted

Hi!

My doctor recommend me for more steroid injection to the heel but I am scare. It hurts so much but not help very long (about 1 weeks). Some people advise me not to take injection more because it might destroy the bone structure so I wont do anymore. I wonder if that is the tissue inflammation, why it could not heal after long period cure. My doctor even said I must have surgery in the worst case.

• Posted

There are several types of pf and as many causes but most of us find cushioning the heel not the whole sole helps with the pain and enables you to stand and walk without aggravating the area. Doing stretching exercises is the long term cure as its the calf musles that need stretching to take the strain off the pf tissue. Steroid injection work well in a joint but the pf is tissue and steroid injections break down the tissue structure which is why it is not advised. I have found that anti-inflammatory creams rubbed into the area do help if done regularly and enable you to function. I get gel heel pads that you can buy on line for a couple of quid and I have a pair it all my trainers and walking boots as although the pain has gone it still hurts if I walk bare foot or it sandals -flipflops so the condition is always there ready to return unless you cushion it or transfer your weight over the whole sole rather than just the heel and ball of the foot. I find standing on the rung of a ladder is very helpful but you can only do that for so long unless you are painting the ceiling or something. I used to spend a lot of time on ladders at work and it was when I retired that the pf started so I think it was the ladder work that kept my calf muscles stretched. Hope you find some relief from the pain and find the cause so you can avoid a reoccurrence.
  • Posted

Hey im fighting PF since 11 years now. I tried everything that i could try, went to the best doctors. Paid thousands for all kind of therapies. It took them 10 years to find out, what could possible be wrong with my feet. Suffering daily, cant work anymore cause of the pain. 

If i stand still on one spot, im suffering the most. Years ago i could stand about 1-2 hours now i cant even stand 5 minutes. I have a whole team of doctors (8 in total) who try to help me, im having lots of therapies now. If you are intrested, if anyone is intrested we could get in contact and share information about the illness and so on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.