Ovarian Cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw my gp last Tuesday as I was quite concerned about my abdomen being swollen and have found a lump in my tummy. He examined me, and got me to have CA blood test and referred me for an urgent ultrasound on my abdomen and pelvis. He phoned me the next day as the results were back for the blood test, and my serum levels were very high. So I am having my scan today must admit am a little scared as to what they may find.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, I can understand your concern, I have recently been through this, it is very worrying,  However, mine was a benign cyst.  I had scans within a week, and the worst goes through your mind.  I say prepare for the worst then it can only be better.  I hope yours is a cyst, as they can give similar symptoms to other more sinister things.  Good luck today, stay calm, and let us know how you go on.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Try not to worry I had the ca125 test and was 930 which is extremely high... anything can raise this mine was endometriosis which raised mine I didn't even know I had this...

I had a cysts that twisted I got it removed by laparotomy with removal of my cysts ovary and tube. .

All the best

Love louise xx

• Posted

Thank you Elizabeth I hope that's all it is too,  mum had this when she was young rolleyes lol so I blame her lol
    • Posted

Dear Karen yes many things can raise ca levels, i was told mine was elevated worried me sick but the next time it was lower x
  • Posted

Everything was fine and thankfully not Ovarian Cancer phew thank you for your kind words everyone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.