Ovarian Cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hate Google. Anyone can put anything on there and people like me use it like fools to diagnose themselves. Anyway, I’ve been having what felt like indigestion since Labor Day. It started as a pain on the upper right side of my back. It moved around, like gas almost. I was also belching a lot. Then at one point, it just felt like bad chest pain. I thought it was having a heart attack. Then I got to thinking about it being my gallbladder. I wasn’t sure so I ended up going to the doctor and seeing one of the nurse practitioners. Not much help. She just gave me some strong antacids, took blood, and did a chest X-ray. The blood test and chest X-ray came out fine. I didn’t try the antacids bc the pain stopped and I felt better. But while I was waiting for them to call with my chest X-ray results, I started Googling and reading about ovarian cancer and how indigestion, heartburn, and other digestion problems can be linked to the disease. Something similar to what I was feeling. And is usually misdiagnosed as IBS. Even with the clear chest X-ray and blood test, I’m still worried. No bloating, though. No trouble eating. Urinating frequently bc my primary care doctor has me on diuretics for my high BP. Or at least I think. No constipation (I was on iron pills but I got off bc it was causing constipation, became regular again once I stopped taking them). Some abdominal pain and lower back pain, but I’m trying to write it off as it just being my menstrual cycle (sometimes I ache afterwards). No trouble sleeping. No serious fatigued. No abnormal vaginal bleeding. Just those indigestion/heartburn feelings again. I’m worried. Should I try those antacids the NP gave me? I’m afraid they won’t work, and if they don’t, I’ll really start to panic. Or should I gear up to make an appointment with my gyno? Or have I just fallen victim to Dr. Google?? Feel free to slap me back to reality.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Google is wonderful for a lot but also can scare the heck out of you! If I were you, I would just make an appointment with my gyno and have them do a blood test and ultrasound. I'm sure it's probably nothing but it might be worth checking to see if you have a cyst that could be causing discomfort? If anything, you will just put your mind at ease and not have to worry anymore!

• Posted

Hey! Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for the reassurance. I scheduled an appointment with my gyno for next Wednesday. It was time for my yearly check-up anyway. Praying things go well. Thanks, again! 
  • Posted

So in case anyone’s seen this and wanted to know, I had my appointment today and told her about the after period pain that I’ve been having and the surprise spotting I had Sunday upon my designated “green week” (if you have the iPeriod app like me). I have a vaginal ultrasound scheduled for next week. Thankful that I didn’t have to ask her for one and that she wanted to do one to see what was up. Asking for the prayers of anyone who runs across this forum post. These little issues have been running my mind ragged and leaving me scared out of my mind. 
    • Posted

Having the same issue here. I have a few other symptoms though (bloating, nausea and pain in the general ovary area like hip, flank etc ).  

I have my ultrasound next week as well. I think it’s nice when doctors listen and trust you to know your body. 

Take it one appt at a time smile 

• Posted

*Update*  All that worry for absolutely nothing. Had my vaginal ultrasound and it was fine. Crediting the pain I’ve been feeling to ovulation and stress, as things have been out of whack as of late. Praising God and thanking anyone who may have ran across this post and said a prayer for me. God bless you, whoever you are. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.