Ovarian Cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please can anyone inform me if Ovarian Cancer can be diagnosed with an internal examination? The doctor gave me an internal and felt around my vagina and then inserted a paddle like object that showed the results on a large sort of tv screen?? Could OC be detected this way or would I need a blood test? Regards

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, its normal when they do an ovarian ultrasound, to do an internal one as well. If your Dr hasn't mentioned seeing anything abnormal, don't worry, they do sometimes do a blood test to see if your levels are elevated. You may have an ovarian cyst which he felt, so did the ultrasound to have a better look.

• Posted

Hi, would the test I had with the paddle like object be to check for ovarian cancer? I should have asked at the time but I was in so much pain my mnd was a blank. I never saw the gynae for OC but my doc referred me as I was having pain in my urethra.

Regards

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.