Ovarian cancer? So scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 53 and pre-menopausal. I just had a follow up MRI due to these ultrasound findings:

There is a 4.5 cm complex lesion in the left ovary with features suggestive of an endometrioma. It is not characterized with certainty and the possibility of neoplasm is not entirely excluded.

‪The lesion demonstrates uniform low-level internal echoes. It also demonstrates a mural nodular component. This does not demonstrate flow. The complexity of this lesion represents a new ‬

‪finding since the exam of 3/12/2018 The lesion may reflect either neoplasm or endometrioma. MRI is recommended for furthe‬

These features were not evident on the prior ultrasound

TERRIFIED its a malignancy, I have had stomach issues all year...tons and tons have scans that showed no cancer but fear they somehow missed it. I also have fibroids and other simple cysts.

How bad does this sound?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

ok....first thing.....breathe....

2nd thing....dont panic.

I had a complex cyst, ovary and tube removed and like you they werent sure what it was. Turned out to be an endometrioma but the stress it caused me was immense.

when are they removing it ? trust me once you know when its being removed you will feel calmer. Try and deal with one thing at a time, its easier to deal with that way.

If I can help, just message me, support is important xxx

• Posted

they havent mentioned removal yet. Maybe they are waiting for the MRI result. My hubby and I are taking our kids on a cruise in 2 weeks and I am so worried we wont be able to go because of this. It will be the second time my health has ruined a trip this year. Thank you Allyson i am such a wreck.

• Posted

i am 47 years old and going through menopause i had my left ovary and tube removed back in april and everything was ok everything is going to be ok with u so u don't have to panic i have to go and have the other side removed cause i have a cysts on it now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.