Ovarian cancer test ca125

Posted , 4 users are following.

been to the GP today regarding some issues with pains in abdomen and back. I thought maybe i could have kidney stones or urine infection. whilst speaking with the GP some other things came up. pain in hips, bloated, frequent urination, feeling like I haven't finished, unable to hold my wee for too long. pain during sex and also periods being really late and then early. I hadn't even put all of these things together until today when she said she wanted to blood test me and included the CA125 test.

now i feel really concerned. can anyone give me any advice on how not to freak out. also how long did blood results take to come back. has anyone else had these symptoms and everything all clear x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosie

try not to worry ,easier sad than done I know. bloods should be back within a week. I had the same symptoms ,mine was a cyst the size of a melon, needed t have ovaries both and both tubes removed

Karen xx

• Posted

thank you. I'm hoping it's not an issue with my ovaries but the symptoms all relate x

• Posted

Dont panic, i had most of what you have above and mine is from endometriosis and i had a large cyst. After my scan showing the cysts my surgeon said she didnt know if it was cancer or not and ordered the same blood test - mine was negative but lots of things can give you high readings also such as cysts, endo hormonal things so even if it comes back with a high reading take it with a pinch of salt.

Endo or cysts can push on nerves causing pain in strange areas like hips, it can also cause frequent urination and other symptoms.

I cant remember how long it took for my results to come back but i dont think it was more than a week or so.

Seriously dont panic, the test is a precaution for a very unlikely outcome. Also dont forget gps cant do scans etc so the quickest thing for them to do is a blood test, then if the results are negative they will probably refer you on to get a scan - also nothing to panic about.

• Posted

thank you. this puts my mind at rest. I just panicked when she said she was testing for it. I had already left and she called me back and told me she had looked through notes and felt it was a good idea. maybe because I have had cysts before. I have also suffered with endometriosis historically. fingers crossed it's all normal.

thank you for your reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.