Ovarian Cyst???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Ive been experiencing this pain on my right side (lower and upper) for the past 3 weeks. Some days Im ok and other days the pain is crazy, It seems to be a pain right next to my belly button aswell like an ache. First I suspected appendicits but its been going on for 3 weeks so it doesnt really make sense. Been to the doctor and he suspects hernia but I have to go for a catscan. Also been to emerg, they suspected Biliary colic. This pain also radiates to my back. I had a similar pain on my left side last year, dct suspected small cyst. This pain just radiates up and down my right side but then sometimes just sits in my lower left side and back, along with hotness??? Normal bowel movements for what I can tell, but the pain do sometimes increase after BM. Also Im only 20. Any suggestions??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also 10 days late for period.
  • Posted

hi, i recently had a sudden onset of lower back/side pain with abnormal bleeding so i was sent to have an ultrasound which showed a cyst i didn't know i had, i've also had a strange sensation in my lower back more like a coldness i suppose. i have been told that with cysts you can experience lower back pain / one sided pain but i would imagine if you had a cyst and went for a ct scan, it would pick it up. maybe ask for an ultrasound beforehand if you can? good luck!

• Posted

Thanks! Havent had CT scan yet, going on the 27th. My pain is very similar, also abnormal bleeding seems I was about 14 days days for my period. I was suppose to go for ultrasound but I cancelled it because the pain was completely gone for a couple months, definetly regretting cancelling it now. Lol
  • Posted

10 days late for a period.. have you taken a pregnancy test yet?  I am not sure but it could be an ectopic pregnancy but I do not think you would have symptoms of that (such as pain) yet?  I have multiple cysts and I have the exact same pain you are referring to.  It is a constant ache in the pelvis, like a really bad cramping from  my period, but I also have the right-sided severe lower back pain taht radiates all the way down my leg.  Occasionally I will get a sharp, stabbing pain in my lower left and/or right side and it will go away - it lasts for maybe 2-5 seconds at a time, but it is crippling.  My gynecological oncologist said that is from ovarian cysts.  

• Posted

Thanks! Ive started my period, not sure why it was so late. The pain is gone to the other side now, terrible cramping while on period and pain in just 1 spot usually, convinced its an ovarian cyst or cysts. My pain sometimes also goes down my leg, but this time its radiating upwards. So annoying lol
  • Posted

Irregular periods is another sign of a cyst.  I would certainly get yourself checked out as soon as possible.  I mean 99% of the time it is just a benign cyst or cysts, but I would check just to make sure everything is okay.  Also, if they are causing that much pain, you may need surgery.  Good luck to you hon <3 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.