ovarian cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

[color=green:04790640c6][/color:04790640c6]Hi, Has anybody got any advice or had simular symptoms? Was diagonosed with a ovarian cyst whilst being sterilised 5 years ago. Checked by a radiologist 2 weeks, could'nt find anything but said right ovary wasn't working at all. Doctor dismissed this saying you can't tell by a scan. 5 years later cyst is still there has i had 2 scans november 07 called back 6 weeks later for another. Went to docs said i have a 4cm cyst on right ovary. Referred me to a gyno but still waiting to hear from her. Symptoms are more severe when i'm on period. I know this sounds weird but i keeping feeling movement in my abdomen on right hand side. Same feeling as you get when you feel a baby moving. I'm 38 years old and trying to be positive. Should i see my doc again and ask why the delay? Has anybody else felt movements in there abdomen.

Thanks for listening to me

Karen

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen

It seems like you have been waiting an awfully long time. I think you should definately go back to your doctor and get an appointment with a gynacologist.

As for movement - I haven't ever described it as that. Mine tend to feel like they're \"grumbling\", if you get what I mean!

Make the call today & see your GP.

Take care

Jill

• Posted

Thanks Jill will do, just sometimes you feel like you mithering.

Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Hi

Yes I have felt movement before like a fluttering exactly like a baby moving its a wierd sensation almost freaky which is why I nickname my cyst the alien.

I also get s fluttering in my right thigh sometimes although not had it in a while but I can only put this down to it being on a nerve.

I can pnly think doctors dont think of the pain and misery we go through with these cysts because my gyno doesnt seem to be in a rush to do anything about mine either.

I now am on very strong painkillers just to get me though with the backache I have but I am waiting for my CT scan and MRI scan before I know whats going on.

I hope things get sorted for you very quickly

Tracey x

• Posted

Hi Tracey, Can't believe you call yours alien, me too. Youv'e gotta laugh haven't you. I feel much better knowing you've the same syptoms.

Take Care

Karen x

• Posted

Hi Karen

Yes you either laugh or you get fed up its not on is it?

Did you make a doctors appointment?

Take care

Tracey x

• Posted

Hi Tracey, I have for next friday, i'll mention the alien. have you been told your movement in your abdomen is a cyst?

take care

kaz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.