ovarian cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i had a full abdominal hysterectomy on the 12th Sep because of a large cyst on my left ovary.Went to see my gyni on Fri for my post op check up and she was telling i had early stage cancer in the cyst and ive got to go for a CT scan now i am so scared as this ever happened to anyone else.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi julie! iam planning to have my surgery also but im so scared of what will be the possible outcome. juz wanna ask how old are you? do u have children?
    • Posted

Hi Dory i am 49 yrs and i have 2 children.Do you have a cyst as well.I did ask the gyni if thia was common and she did say yes it was
    • Posted

yes i have 7cm dermoid cyst and that was december 2013 and am only 28. im so scared, and i will be going for another check up this friday coz im starting to feel some moderate on and off pain. i have 2 kids also...pls let me know how your ctscan would be doing

hugs,.tc.

• Posted

Hiya Julie.

I had an oopherectomy when I was 19 which I remember very well!

Since then I had three kids.

All grown up.

I had a 3lb cyst on my right ovary,  which was discovered at the last minute. 

I had terrible pains which obviously involved my gruelling monthlys!

They first thought. Had appendicitis

Then they sent me home!

After telling me to eat more fibre and drink more water.

Anyway I was very aware that it could of turned cancerous as I was told that from the main consultant Dr Hassard at the time.

I had a very blessed escape I'd call that not lucky!

Don't believe in luck!

But anyway after that operation, I had pain after effects but not as bad as I had before I had the cyst removed. It was the most aggressive one with hair and teeth!

The most aggressive ones do have teeth yuck!

I know!! 

But I'm 51 now.Bow I'm fighting with horrendous side affects with the dreaded menopause!

I got told that it never really disappears! 

Arrgh! I wish I was a bird!! 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth i think its just the word cancer i am so scared cant wait for the CT scan.A friend of mine her mum and her sister had the same said to them but they had a CT scan and it was fine. 
  • Posted

Hi Julie, you replied to my mums story a few days ago. I'm so sorry to hear it is cancer (it's what I fear for my mum after she had the radical hysterectomy). I know your head will be all over the place and thinking in shock mode, just try to think you are one step further in the right direction you've had the main op to remove the cyst. Its out and now they need to just be cautious by doing the scan to check things over. Just need to keep on at them to move things along. Hospital were very slow in getting things done for my mum, loosing her notes sending her home after being told her Ca125 was very high and she didn't have op until 6 weeks later. Things are moving very quickly for you and in the right direction to get it sorted. Please keep us updated. I wish you all the best.

-Livi

• Posted

Hi livi am sure your mum will be fine.How is you mum now after her op.Hopefully it was only on the cyst i phoned the hospital today and they said its waiting for the radioligist to look at.
  • Posted

Hi Julie, Did you not have a blood test CA125 once they found out you had a cyst? It is an indicator of possible cancer. Your score is supposed to be under 30. I have a 13cm endometrioma cyst and my score is 30 this fear is at the back of my mind but endometriosis also highers the score and I do have this. What type was your cyst? I do hope all is contained and you do not need any further treatments. I wish you luck. I have been on the waiting list to have my cyst, ovary and fallopian tube out for 4 months now. I hopefully get it soon. First surgon said hysterectomy and I was distraught I am 43 with no children. Second surgeon said that hysterectomy is not needed. Wish you well check in on how things are going

Sam

• Posted

Hi Sam yeah they did do i blood test and it was only 25.I had a CT scan and the consultant said everything looks fine.Then they went to the speacilist meeting that they have every 2 week i think or week not sure.And they said they look fine as well.But i have to go for another CT on my liver just for completion.
  • Posted

It must have been an horrendous shock then. good job cyst got found and out of you. Cant believe your blood test was normal. Just shows you. I am sure your liver is fine wish you the best take care
  • Posted

Thanks alot Sam xxx
  • Posted

A hystoerctomy for an ovarian cyst..that's sounds extreme!! You poor lady! I've just stumbled across this thread & now I'm slightly worried. I've been getting a lot of numbness in my left leg & it's down to an ovarian cyst. I had it scanned once by ultrasound & they said it's a small one filled with water. Nothing to worry about in other words...erm my leg is going numb....I have to go back to get it checked out again. I've constantly got pain in my left side. I suffer with IBS too so I kept putting it down to that but now I've seen this thread I'm going to call the ultrasound dept tomorrow to see when they can get me in. They don't do anthing unless it gets bigger or filled with blood in the UK....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.