ovarian cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, 

Im just looking for some advicve ..

7 months ago due to unhappy circumstances i had an abortion sad

When they scanned me at the hospital the told me i had 2 cysts on my ovaries but not to worry.

At the time i was so emotional, all i could think of was the abortion and didnt give it a second thought.

The last few months my periods have been much heavier, and a little painfull.

I have been very emotional too.

Im wondering now, could it be the cyst and should i get checked out? im 30 yrs old and hopeing to start a family with my partner in a year or too and am worried this could be a concern?

Looking forward to hearing back.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi..

Since you're having some symptoms I would defo go and get things checked out just to put your mind at rest.

i have only one ovary and I lost one in 2013 June because of a dermatiod cyst. Cyst are very common and can be nothing and burst. Each month we produce cyst and can burst during the cycle but sometimes they don't and can cause problems.

if your having change in symptoms then I would go and get things checked out. The fact that IT showed a cyst they may look at doing a scan again to just check on it again.

its better to check it out than to worry.... Cause being stress ca affect your periods.

hope you get sorted ...keep us all updated.

• Posted

thank you for your feed back. I may have been told to get myself checked or report back to my gp when i had my scan, but i was crying and i really cant remember the discussion!

• Posted

I can totally understand your head would of been all over the place. But it's better to check things out now.  Least this way it puts ur kind at rest.

If you had an abortion it might be your hormones all going back to normal.  But if these symptoms your having are different t before you fell pregnant it could be due to cyst.

Ultrasound scan are quick and easy enough and least they can see what might be causing problem and if they it's really big they can remove it. Or at least play the watch and wait game and maybe keep having scans to keep eye on it.

Just make a list of things of your symptoms and take them with you when you see doc or consultant. Cause it's good if you can give them as much information on your symptoms and when they started.

Try not to worry cause sounds like you have had a stressful few months. But get it check out to put your mind at rest...Cause stress affect hormones in a big way.

Take care. X

• Posted

Yes go back and get it checked hun. The cyst maybe growing which may mean you might need to have removed.

They will most likely send you for a ultrasound scan or a transvaginal scan. The transvaginal one is the most clearest scan as shows the ovaries clearly. Hope you get the answers your looking for smile 

• Posted

Hi lulu - you have had a really tough emotional time but to put your mind at rest go back to your GP and ask to be referred for a scan, get things checked out for your own peace of mind, try not to stress too much as if it is cysts causing your problems they can be dealt with , but do insist and get this sorted - good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.