Ovarian cyst

Posted , 8 users are following.

found out today I have a cyst 7cm by 5cm  on my left ovary  blood tests tomorrow and a hospital appointment  booked for 23 rd of May  I feel as if this is quick is this normal procedure 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hospital appointment for what? If you're from the states it might be quick...I'm from Canada and it takes forever.
    • Posted

Hi there I'm from the uk the hospital appointment is to go and discuss the cyst with a gynaecologist

• Posted

Hi Gretty, I am from Canada as well. I have a 11.9 x 11.5 x 8.5 complex cyst with septums. My surgury date was booked for June 30th. It does take very long in Canada. Especially when the oncologist tells you he feels it has a 20% chance of malignancy.

I got a call yesterday telling me June 9th was available. I guess I was on a waiting list. I am so scared, I can barely sleep. I have 5 kids. 

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that. It does take quite a while even if it has potential for malignancy. Especially considering ovarian cancer is usually only found in the later stages. Where in canada are you from? I'm from alberta and it was 6-8 weeks from consult to surgery and it's a low chance of cancer for me. It's really terrible you have to wait so long. I would give you my spot if I could! As it is I'll be having surgery anywhere from may 26-June 10.
    • Posted

I don't think that sounds like something serious but I'm no doctor. Also I'm from Canada so even if there is a chance of malignancy(my chance is only 2%) they still take months. To actually get u into surgery.
    • Posted

Thanks and I hope nothing bad happens and I hope you get well and hopefully I will get in soon its crazy that they didn't find anything unusual with all that is happening
    • Posted

I believe I may have sent you something that was ment to be for someone else. However I'm new at this and I'm sorry I sent it to you. I do hope everything is fine though. My apologies
    • Posted

My first doctor's appointment was February 7th. It has been a long road, especially when the first gynocologist tells you that when a cyst looks like mine, 90% of the time it is malignant.

My CA-125 was only 16, so there has been no spread of cancer. At the most, it is stage 1. At the least, it is benign. 

I am from the Toronto area. June 9th will come quick. I have to get everything in order. 

• Posted

I'm thinking on getting myself to the hospital to. I found out a week ago I have an ovarian cyst on the right side. I've been experiencing excruciating pain and like something is coming out of me. I thought it was a pregnancy cause of all the symptoms and am a bit dissapionted. I'm now experiencing pain on my left side its just to much for me.
  • Posted

Hi Catherine, try not to worry.  Here in the U.k. it is standard procedure to be referred within a two week timeframe, if there is any possibility of malignancy.  We are lucky to have this service.  I have been referred quickly like this and it was not Cancer.  I really hope you are as lucky, but if not, at least your treatment will not be delayed. Good luck x
    • Posted

I do feel confident through this everything is going so quick it can't be a bad thing I could be on a waiting list worrying 

• Posted

Hello Catherine, Yes this is normal. After I had my CA 125 blood test which came back as 39 I was sent for an ultra scan which showed ovarian cysts. I then was sent for a ct scan which showed two bilateral complex cysts 13 cms on my right ovary and a 6cms cyst on my left. The hospital wanted to see me the following day....Hospital transfered my case to a cancer surgeon just incase as they want the right team behind you. Operated on the 12 th April 2016 out of hospital two days later results the following week which were cysts benign then today I feel as if it was all a dream as im back to normal. ....so please don't worry, its good things are moving quickly, but even if it takes months to get operation you're in good hands. Good luck with things. X
  • Posted

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It brings tears to my eyes to hear such great results. I really appreciate it. I hope the same for me and that I stop obsessing.
    • Posted

I'm sure all will be ok we just have to think positive all this is out our hands now we have a brilliant nhs system x

• Posted

HI catherine, yes this is normal in the UK an Ultrasound picked up i had 4 cysts and a fibroid 2 on the left ovary they thought were simple cysts and 2 on the right they couldnt be sure, thought one was  Dermoid and thre other one they couldnt be sure of what it was attached to!  and although my CA125 was only 9 I was still seen by a gynacologist within 2 weeks as I am postmenopausal so having cysts is not something post menupausal women are supposed to get! then I had the MRI really quickly too and this revealed that in fact I had only 3 cysts which turned out to be all simple cysts and one fibroid, I am on the watch and wait list now go back to be scanned in July and follow up blood test to make sure all okay, but I was so worried even though it was not too long to have to wait between each appointment, it is only natural that you think the worse, but cysts are really common and usually turn out to be ok.  Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.