Ovarian cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 49 years old I had my uterus removed 7 years ago due to fibroids and then about 5 years ago I had a cyst on my left ovary which only bothered me during ovulation time for was bearable I had a sonogram done in May and the cyst was 2.5cm but 2 weeks ago the pain was horrible, so I went to the hospital and they did a CT scan and it said it was 4.6cm and a sonogram that said it was 5cm so I went to my OBGYN and she told me to wait a week to see if it shrinks so I went today and the lady told me it did shrink to 2.7cm but that she sees another cyst on the same ovary that measures 1.7cm, now I'm just waiting on the Doctor to let me know where I stand but I don't want to go through that pain again, what should I do or what will the doctor tell me..... Confused and scared

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had a 7.5 cm cyst removed last August. When they found mine they gave it 8 to 12 weeks to resolve, unfortunately mine did not. After having it removed she said it was a mucus filled cyst and would not have resolved on its own.i have had cysts off and on for years but they always went away without surgery. When they removed the cyst they took out both ovaries and tubes since blood test showed I was in menopause already. The surgery was a breeze and I feel great. Good luck to you!
  • Posted

Those seem small enough to think there is a possibility of them resolving on their owm. However, I just had a 26cm cyst removed yesterday so I'm not an expert in smaller cysts but sending some good luck your way regardless.

• Posted

You may just be having ovulation pain. Ask about endometriosis which can make egg release more difficult and painful. It can also make it more difficult for the follicle to complete it's cycle.

Have they taken blood work to check your hormones. You are likely peri-menopausal when your hormones can become unbalanced and contribute to cyst development.

I was 49 when huge cysts were discovered after having several years of super heavy periods. No pain but tons of bloating. Periods were regular like clockwork but still difficult to deal with. Endometriosis had taken over my entire lower abdomen and needed extensive surgery to rectify.

Hopefully not the case for you but worth asking. It's good your Gyn is involved and final test results are pending so you should get a treatment recommendation soon. Stress your difficulty with the pain and fears for future episodes. Stay strong and check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

You may just be having ovulation pain. Ask about endometriosis which can make egg release more difficult and painful. It can also make it more difficult for the follicle to complete it's cycle.

Have they taken blood work to check your hormones. You are likely peri-menopausal when your hormones can become unbalanced and contribute to cyst development.

I was 49 when huge cysts were discovered after having several years of super heavy periods. No pain but tons of bloating. Periods were regular like clockwork but still difficult to deal with. Endometriosis had taken over my entire lower abdomen and needed extensive surgery to rectify.

Hopefully not the case for you but worth asking. It's good your Gyn is involved and final test results are pending so you should get a treatment recommendation soon. Stress your difficulty with the pain and fears for future episodes. Stay strong and check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

Sorry error message so sent twice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.