Ovarian cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I’m 56 have been diagagnosrd with ovarian cyst have symptoms went for ultrasound been told they will follow up in 3 months not looking forward to another 3 months of pain is it normal to leave a cyst for 3 months of monetoring 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had cysts on my ovary for a whole year before they decided to take it out if it is a complex one they are probably going to see if it disappears like mine did but the one on my left side was getting bigger that os why they removed my ovary and tube i hope this help alittle
  • Posted

My cyst was monitored for 8 years every  6 months.    I was post menopausal.   It started to grow and my Gyno recommended we take out my ovaries and tubes. That was 5 weeks ago.   When you get it checked again if it’s grown or you still have symptoms you may need to get it removed.  Best of luck.  
    • Posted

Thanks this has helped know you are also post menopausal 
  • Posted

Hi MDT was delayed now taken place and was told nothing sinester been put on waiting list for cyst removal but can’t help working with a RMI 1 of 207 and  cpr blood test of 17 has anyone else had conflicting info thanks
  • Posted

Unfortunately I think it is normal.  My gyn felt cysts on my ovary when inserting a mirena IUD. She sent me for a vaginal ultrasound and sonogram (over the belly). They found 3 cysts on my right ovary 2 with mural nodules. The doctor was going to have me wait 3 months.  Once I stopped to think about it I decided to get a second opinion.  I got recommendations from people and then called the doctor and she was all for it and said the doctor I chose is who she would have recommended (I went to a gynecologic oncologist). He sent me for another scan...about 2 months after the first by the time I got in to see him.  There are now 4 cysts. The radiologist said one changed a lot.  They have all stayed the same size or have grown. So I’m now having surgery on August 21st. They will remove my right ovary and both Fallopian tubes. The doctor said they are finding that ovarian cancer is often beginning in the tubes.  They will leave the left ovary so I don’t go into medical menopause, unless he sees something that makes him want to remove it.  This will hopefully all happen laparoscopically.  Anyway, I say get a second opinion.  I could feel mine,  but I wasn’t in pain.  I would push to have them removed.  I’m 47 by the way.  Good luck to you!
    • Posted

Thank you for info very helpful have been told by gynaecologist I will have cyst removed within 12 weeks 
    • Posted

Good luck with survey and speedy recovery x
  • Posted

Hi marma I too have a small cyst that was found last week and have been told they will see if a gynocologist wants to see me and if not will rescan in 3-4 mths. mine too is painfully can I ask what your symptoms are?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.