Ovarian Cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI Guys just wanting a bit of info really i had an Ultrasound in march and was told i have multiple cysts on my left ovary with no indication of how big they are or anything, already had bloods done to test for Ca125 as i have a history of it in the family but got my first gynae appointment in august and just dont know what to expect when i go as ive already had ultrasound and bloods done and everything ive read already seems to say you'll have bloods to test ca125 and an internal scan and was wondering if this would be the same for me having already had bloods tested and that are negative and an internal ultrasound done and with me being in so much pain with it has ive had to go to a+e with it (which is how i ended up having an ultrasound) if surgery is my only option?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, am assuming you had your appointment and hope they reassured you and gave more information. I had recent cyst and the gynaecologists have been great. I was referred for MRI for more information on the cyst and then had surgery three weeks ago. I think for smaller cysts they sometimes monitor them and I know from friends that sometimes ovarian cysts burst and are absorbed by the body (not necessarily with any pain). mine was too big and therefore surgery was necessary, but I would reassure you that despite being a very anxious person (diagnosed and prescribed medication) it's been okay. I've got through. let me know, if you want, how your appointment went and what they are planning. I didnt have anyone really to talk to who has been through this kind of surgery, but it did help talking to others who've had similar abdominal surgery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.