Ovarian cyst affecting sex life?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had my cyst since November last year and I have recently gotten into a new relationship.

I have never had sexual problems in previous relationships but I am finding it sore during sex. Where my pain normally is from the cyst ( higher on the pelvis).

It also was more of a "struggle" to actually have sex and I was wondering if this was due to swelling or pressure from the cyst in my pelvis making things more difficult.

I am just wondering if anyone else suffered from these problems and how I could overcome them?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello I'm Vicky,

I've had gynea problems in the past and have just been told I have a cyst on my right ovary. I'm not a doctor but from my experience and what I've read, it could be the cyst that's causing you discomfort durum sex and for that reason I would see your GP. It maybe just the cyst has grown?

I would imagine that they will send you for an ultrasound to assess any changes.

I really hope you get sorted.

Best wishes

Vicky

• Posted

Hi Vicky.

I'm due to visit my gynaecologist in 2 weeks. I had my repeat ultrasound last week and it shows that my cyst has actually got smaller. So I'm hoping the doctor doesn't want to leave it as it is causing me problems in my sex life in a new relationship which isn't too good. I'm only 19 also.

Thanks for your reply. Best wishes X

• Posted

Hey,

It may not be that causing the discomfort. It could be other things.

Bless you, your so young and its not fair that you're going through this.

I don't wish to embarrass you but have you tried changing your position during sex? Like I said I suffer too, especially during sex and for a long period after. It's usually more comfortable for my partner to be in too .

Lots of luck sweetie

• Posted

I can't think of any other problems. I haven't had any sexual difficulties before it seems to be the cyst being present that the changes are there.

We have and I'm the same. It's just really sore and the same for a few days afterwards too.

Did your discomfort also start with the cyst? X

• Posted

I've suffered with problems down below for yrs now. I've had prolapse surgery a couple of yrs ago and I always seem to have abnormal smear test results.

Quite recently I slipped a disc in my back so sex has been pretty non existent for the last month or so, however we did try a couple of nights ago and I can't tell you how painful it was to begin with and pretty much all the way through. I'm still suffering now sad it's never been this bad so I'm assuming it has something to do with the cyst they found 2 weeks ago.

I think if you keep experiencing discomfort then you should definately go back to your GP. Your so young. You shouldn't be experiencing this much pain. If you think you can wait for you gynaecologist appointment that's great but if your at all worried see your GP.

Best wishes

Vicky xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.