Ovarian cyst and bloods

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone I'm new here I'm 30. im just looking for some advice or reassurance. a year ago I went to my doctors with a burning sensation below a week before my period was due and when it arrived the burning stopped it went on for months. I was sent for a scan which showed i had cysts on my ovaries. i was given the mini pill which was suppose to stop my period but it didn't really as i still get them and they are abit different to normal but the pill worked with the burning so that was great however it didn't help with the cysts. i went for repeat scans every few months and was told different things by different gynos. yesterday after another scan I was told my right overy is ok but my left still has cysts that's havnt changed in size. he thinks it's due to the fact I had ivf 6 years ago and and my ovary just hasnt settled as it should it's called hypo something (sorry I forgot the word) but 6 years feels like a long time for something to cause this this many years later. the cysts dont bother me too much I feel them but they are not overly painful. I've had cysts before that have burst and gone away so now he wants me to go for the ca 125 blood test and a few more blood tests. i cant have these until the 30th and I'm terrified. cancer runs in my family and I feel sick with worry. hes told me not to worry and itll its serious they can remove the ovary ect but I'm thinking what if its serious than that and it's too late. I'm absolutely terrified. I cant help thinking the worse. anyone been through something similar. thankyou.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.