Ovarian Cyst and no period for over 2 months

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, never used this forum before so not too sure how it works or if I'm posting in the wrong place. OK so a little bit about my current situation. 

Throughout December and January I had recurrent UTI's and yeast infections. I've always had problems with both since I was about 18 (currently 26 years old) and they do tend to get worse at certain times for no apparent reason. I got a different  doctor than usual in the office one day in January and he said I was averaging at 3-4 UTI's a year so wanted to refer me for a Pelvic Ultrasound.

I had the ultrasound on February 14th and they said my kidneys looked fine, and then they discovered a right side simple ovarian cyst and said they'd use the watch and wait approach and I'd have another scan in April.  It makes sense now because I've been having lower back pain since November/December which I assumed was my kidneys. Throughout the years I've gotten pains on my lower right back which radiates into my leg but I honestly always thought it was my kidney because I've been diagnosed with kidney stones twice in the past (starting to think they just diagnosed the pain as kidney stones because of my history of UTI's and back pain). 

Now I'm wondering if it was this all along and the pain was potentially ruptured cysts? My tummy also protrudes on the right hand side but I always thought that was my body shape. 

My last period was on January 15th and it was one of the most painful periods I've ever had. I haven't had my period since then and it's March 23rd now (not pregnant). Since January I've had pain on my lower back and leg,  my ibs is awful (I've had irritable bowel syndrome since my periods began as a teenager) and I have diahorrea 2-3 times a day, like how it normally is during my period every day now.  I've also lost 7lbs and feel nauseous throughout the day. I'm also extremely fatigued even after a good night's sleep. 

Today I booked an appointment with my doctor because my period is 2 and a half months late. He said that my ibs getting worse is unrelated to my cyst and that my periods being absent is also unrelated to the cyst because it's been 2 cycles missed already. He said to leave it for 2 weeks and when I've missed my 3rd cycle to call him and he'll arrange an appointment with a gynecologist. I mentioned to him that Endometriosis runs in my family and my mother and her sister have it but he also said it sounds nothing like endometriosis. 

I'm at a loss here and don't know what to do. Two more weeks of sitting around waiting and not knowing what's wrong. Is anyone else going through the same thing or has anyone out there had any similar symptoms and received a diagnosis? 

Thanks for reading 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosie

i don't know if my comment is going to help much .... however, i went to the gynae and told i have a cyst about 2cm ... im in a huge amount of pain... my right side which i too thought were my kidneys.... if it's not paining on my side then i have pelvic pain .... even when im not on my monthly .... my advice is to speak to a different gynae cos im pretty sure i have endometriosis .... im changing to a different gynae cos i don't belive it's a cyst causing this much pain

• Posted

Hello Rosie,

I'm new here

I believe my first symptom was new crushing chronic fatigue. For years I was an obsessed long distance runner. But then months ago gave it up due to fatigue and pains & weird muscles pulling & twinges in hips, legs and all around SI & pelvis. Thought it was just SI disdunction, a bad case of peri-menopause in my mid 40's or possible thyroid issues. But then started to get pelvic pressure & it became more & more uncomfortable to just bend over & got heat sensations in my legs and low back. Then My periods became lighter & shorter & only need little panty liner now for a few days & it's a dark brown (sorry if too much info).

Now I just recently had US to find complex hemorrhagic ov cyst with "debris" (debris usually means it's been there for awhile) on enlarged ovary. My gyn thinks it explaines a lot of my pain & symptoms in the past months.

• Posted

Hi Julian

I'm wondering how your hemoratic cyst went what follow up you had treatment ect as I am having exactly the same problem and it's really getting me down. Thankyou

• Posted

I have ovarian cysts and I'm over weight. This time what happened is my period is late for 17 days and m worried please tell me why is that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.