Posted , 2 users are following.
Could really do with some support and advice after a really stressful and emotional day. I have been to a gynecologIist today following a year of pain and problems and finally I have answers. I have a 3.4cm cystic mass and a very swollen right ovary which they believe is due to partial torsion of the ovary. Also believe I have endometriosis which will be followed up with laparoscopy at a later date.
They are happy to proceed with a watch and wait as they do not suspect anything cancerous (ca 125 is 20 and ca 19-9 of 47) and the ovary currently isn't twisted so may settle down so have follow up blood tests and ultrasounds but may ultimately lose the ovary if not. I have the option to go in and arrange surgery if the pain becomes too much to cope with which at times it has been.
I'm just at a loss as to where to start to process it all. Has anyone else experienced this? What was the outcome? Did your swelling go down? Did you have to surgery. Think I would just would like to hear from anyone who understands what I'm going through.
0 likes, 4 replies