Ovarian cyst, awaiting ca125 results

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies! I’ve joined up so that I have others with experience to share my journey with. 

A little background info; I am in my 30s with children.  I have been having various symptoms for quite a while now but put them down to my contraceptive implant.  These include irregular but heavy periods sometimes lasting a few weeks and then nothing for a couple of months.  Constant stomach bloating, sometimes sharp sometimes dull aching down low on my abdomen, very frequent urination, back pain, gas, constipation/diarrhoea, migraines and nausea (vomiting most mornings) and the list goes on...

My gp suspected gall stones at first so referred me for an ultrasound scan. Gall bladder is fine but there is a 4-5cm cyst on my left ovary.  The man who did my scan said it was filled with fluid which I’m not sure is a good or bad thing?  

I received a letter following my scan last week to arrange a follow up appointment and be told that I’ll be having a follow up scan soon and that I needed a ca125 blood test done ASAP.  This was done Friday and I’m told it can take up to a week for results. I obviously googled what this blood test was as I had no idea and I wish I hadn’t 😞

This is all new to me, I have no idea where i stand, what’s next etc until I at least get my blood results and then meet my doctor.  I’m exhausted, sore and not going to lie that I’m massively scared. 

Any help, advice or just a chat about others experiences would help me massively.  Thank you all in advance xxx

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh gosh, I feel for you. I had a very similar situation. Lost of side affects - bloating, weight gain, heart palpataions, chest aching, funky periods, horrible cramps even when I wasn't bleeding -  from my hormonal IUD which I finally had removed a month ago. I honestly feel 100 times better after having it out. My suggestion would be for you to have your implant out. However, I also found out i have a 17 cm cyst partially filled with fluid and partially solid which is not good. I had a ca-125 and my results all came back normal. Fluid filled is FAR FAR better than solid filled. You will be totally fine, I promise. Just so you know, I got my ca-125 results in 24 hours. I am having surgery in a few weeks to have mine removed. Fluid filled cysts typically go away on their own, however if they don't you can have them removed very easily laparoscopically. I spent two weeks panicking so I know how you feel. Im not out of the woods yet, but your situation is SOOOO much better than mine. Write any time if you need some support. This place has helped me massively. 

Best, 

Grace

• Posted

Hope you de ok! I’ve just came across these posts and feel so much better reading them! I am going to a&e tomorrow if pain doesn’t subside, I’ve had on and off lower left side pelvic pains for years now (im25) but the last few days I’ve been awful I’m thinking maybe because of ovulation or could be twisted? This is my only guessing I have a cyst I don’t know yet. Googled so many different things I’ve got myself really worked up had a panic attack at my boyfriends house before now laying in bed can’t sleep. I know I’m healthy I’m a dancer still dancing got a lot of energy work full time got a full appetite but I still can’t help but think of the worst scenario😩 would appreciate any advise if possible and I will get back to you x

• Posted

I know how you feel. My ovary or the cyst twisted and managed to untwist that's what doctors said. I still have a very large cyst. Had ct scan today

Yes it is scary!  I looked a lot on internet and that was the worst thing I done! I really wouldn't look online anymorez

• Posted

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the replies!!

My results came back as being within the normal range.

I had a follow up appointment today with my own doctor and she has referred me as urgent to the gynaecology department and said it’s looking like it will need removed due to the pain, discomfort and side effects. 

Would anyone within the uk know what I should expect from here on in? Or is it generally the same all over the world?

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the help and advice so much x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.