Ovarian cyst- constipation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a 10cm dermoid ovarian cyst and it will be removed surgically soon. I am constipated, cant lose weight with it. My GP thinks the constipation is due to IBS but wont refer me to a gynaecologist until I have the cyst removed which I don't understand. Then I read that ovarian cysts can cause constipation. So which is it?

Has anyone experienced something similar? What questions should I be asking my GP?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi dont know if this is to late for you, l too suffer with constipation with a 9cm ovarian cyst, and this aggrivates into bleeding more heavily, am now taking dulcoease if l miss a day going to the loo.

Hope you have, had your surgery now and recovering

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.