Ovarian cyst? Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi so i am 19 years old, and for the past month or so ive been getting pain on the right side of my pelvic area and groin kind of area. Sometimes its a dull pain but other times it can hurt quite abit and it comes and goes and feels like it is throbbing or something. I sometimes get it in all the pelvic area and it can feel like period pains but no period.

I also have been feeling the need to wee more often, sometimes abit comes out but other times alot does so i was thinking maybe a uti? I now have some pain in my lower back on the right side but it only really hurts when i move.

Ive been to the doctors, he said if it gets more severe and frequent to come back, it happens every 3/4 days a week maybe more i dont know. Ive been tested for STDs and i am all clear. Im just a bit worried as i am so young and the pain just doesnt feel right. When i have sex with my partner it doesnt hurt at all.

Please can someone let me know what they think or if they have any other symptoms? I'm just worrying so much and googling isn't helping as it just keeps saying cancer! Please reply and help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry you've been going through this! i wonder if your doctor can do an ultrasound to see if he sees any cysts?

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying! Yes when i went before he said if the pain gets more frequent or stronger to come back and he will send me for a scan. He said just wait and see but im too worried so i am going to book an appointment next week with him.

Im just scared as i dont want it to affect my fertility for the future. I want children one day 😦

• Posted

I completely understand! I have endometriosis which caused me to have a huge cyst on one of my ovaries. I ended up getting it removed. The whole process was very scary but the worst part was not knowing. I hope you find out soon so you can put your mind at ease. After my surgery, I became pregnant almost immediately with my first daughter and now I am pregnant with my second. Unfortunately a lot of women have problems like these but they are common and the doctors can fix you right up! Just hang in there and know that what you're thinking is most likely way worse than it is!

• Posted

Oh wow congratulations! Yeah thats my fear that i wont be able to have children in the future and i would like them one day! What symptoms did you get? I feel like i'm just very paranoid at the moment but hopefully all will be okay. Also, when you have the scan can they tell you there and then what they think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.