Ovarian Cyst, No Period Since August

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I'm new to this site. I'm 51, still getting periods. My last period was the end of August. I began having clear discharge on and off in September, and no period. When I saw blood that wasn't my period, I immediately saw my ob-gyn. He did an ultrasound and I had a 4.9 cm septated cyst on my left ovary. He did another ultrasound about two weeks ago, and it's down to 2 cm. But still no period, just bleeding that's not my period. And my endometrial lining keeps growing. I had an endometrial biopsy in May due to some weird symptoms I was having, but it was normal. I'm scheduled for two more ultrasounds, one next week and the other at the end of November. And he told me he's considering doing another biopsy. This has caused me so much worry and stress, my blood pressure is through the roof.

Has anyone missed several periods with a cyst? I'm hopeful since it did shrink, but the bleeding and no period is making me very nervous. I'm eating normally, haven't gained or lost weight. Just extremely anxious. Would love to know if anyone has ever experienced these symptoms with an ovarian cyst. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi zenlemon.

Im 52 and perimemopausal. I have a 5cm cyst on left ovary and a 2cm cyst on right ovary. I was diagnosed back in July and am waiting to have a hysterectomy and ovaries removed. I had a 9cm cyst removed from left ovary 18 months ago which thankfully was benign. I have been having irregular periods since May. To begin with every 21 days, then I've gone for 8 weeks without one and more recently just a light discharge or dark brown (old blood) discharge at irregular times. I'm putting it down to beginning of menopause rather than the cysts but I guess it could be both. I also have swelling and bloating, aching period like pains and find it difficult to sit up straight or bend over. I can understand why you're worried but your consultant sounds like he's on the ball and monitoring things well. Make sure he knows how worried you are and maybe he will be able to reassure you about your symptoms. I hope everything goes well at your scans and things are resolved quickly for you.

• Posted

Hi Cath I'm exactly the same as you not knowing wether it's perimenapause or the cyst they found that's causing all my symptoms 🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.