ovarian cyst pain??

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive recently had my appendix out via keyhole. while i was getting this done they discovered i have a big ovarian cyst which has been causeing me pain for a long time, and the doctors have always put it down to my apppendix. my cyst didnt appear on ultra sound scans and the appendix has been removed and i am still experienceing alot of pain i have taken dihydracodine and baths but nothing helps does anyone recomend any other ways of reliveing the pain??

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I found pain was worse when I was upright and walking around, lying on sofa or propped on pillows in bed eased my pain with painkillers still, but not good long term obviously. And did not completely go away until I had cysts removed

cocodamol helped.

did they tell you how large cyst was? If over a certain size they will remove but like to wait and see if it resolves by itself first.

• Posted

im not sure what the size of it im not even sure if they might of removed it tbh as i was told after my operation not to have sex for 6 weeks
    • Posted

WEre you given a discharge letter from the hospital? Mine arrived in post a week later it gave some details of what had been done.  If not go to Gp they should be able to access your records from hospital and tell you the information you need. Keep asking, asking and asking, they don't always like it but I found it was the only way to get info.
  • Posted

Solpadene max is good if you're ok with taking codeine. If not talk to your gp and request some tramadol. That's what I'm taking and it does make you sleepy but it's a wonderful painkiller x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.