Ovarian cyst pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a cyst on my right ovary i had a repeated scan 6 months after it was discovered I had one and it hadn't changed ( still the same size) I'm due another scan in Feb. However for the last few days it has been painful. Could some tell me if they get these random sharp pains and is it normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i had this, i ended up having my cyst removed as it was causing me terrible pains,

i had to have my ovary removed 6 weeks ago due to me having so many cysts x

• Posted

completely normal. my pains were unbearable and made it hard to do daily tasks like walking my dog or doing the dishes. i had mine removed with robotic laparascopic surgery which was one of the best things i ever did!!

• Posted

Hi.

I had my left cyst,ovary and fallopian tube removed 3 1/2 weeks ago all due to the same pain. I really fought for it. Drs kept giving me the whole "it will resolve itself', BS! no one should live in pain for that long (me 9 months). I have an Mirena IUD, so I was getting hormones delivered to those areas. I am 47 years old. I will say if you plan to have the procedure plan acccordingly for recovery, the time frame is 4-6 weeks. I am happy I did it but just want to wake up with zero pain. Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.