Ovarian Cyst pain patterns?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello again everyone!

I am still trying to figure out if I have a cyst. I have a lot of the symptoms and feel pretty convinced whatever is going on is ovary related. However, I was wondering if anybody experienced any specific patterns with their symptoms?

I have very irregular and unpredictable periods but I have noticed that the pain / most symptoms are bad during the ovulation period/fertile window, then my symptoms are at their lowest/ I feel my best for a few days, just after the ovulation period (about 2-3 days after ovulation). Then my symptoms and pain get really bad for about a week before my period starts. 

So....

Ovulation period/ fertile window: Symptoms bad

About 2-3 days after ovulation: Symptoms not so bad for about 2-3 days

After those few days/ a week before my period: Symptoms bad

I hope that makes sense!

Has anybody else had patterns in their symptoms with regards to their cycle? The fact that this happens every cycle, makes me think whatever is going on with me is ovary/ gyne related.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Kelly,

I'm 2 years post surgery for my giant cyst, and honestly, I never felt a single symptom except my period being either or early or late (slightly!) twice - hadn't had a scan or smear in years so the doctor suggested it when it was found. It was all very dramatic - but I'm now pregnant (40 weeks and two days!) with my first baby - conceived 1 year to the day of my surgery. I don't have much advice except to say to you that you should just go sort it out. Check with a doctor if it's a cyst or not - you'll be so relieved once you have done so. The worst part of my entire experience - and I was cut from hip to hip almost! - was the deliberation, the wondering, the fear, the anxiety

Take that step, honey, and go and sort it out and get a professional to check you out!

Wish you the best x

• Posted

Hiya! 

Thanks for the reply! Sorry to hear you had to go through such a rough time but congratulations on your pregnancy! You must be so excited! 

I have been having so many symptoms for about 5 months. I had a clear external ultrasound about 1.5 months after all my symptoms began and normal hormone levels in a blood test. I've been pulling my hair out with it all. 

Hoping to get some answers soon! 

Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.