Ovarian cyst post 8 week op and increasing pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had open surgery 8 weeks ago to remove a 32 cm cyst removed with my right ovary. My pain is getting worse this is back pain which also brings on side pain going up either of my sides. It's sometimes so bad that I have to call in sick at work I am part time, be off my food or just want to stay in bed. I am starting a physio course for a soft tissue muscles so hopefully that may help but I am just finding it confusing I feel like I am getting worse pain wise not better. Any help please

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am so sorry to hear this. I am waiting for my operation on the 20th so I can't be any help to you. Have you asked your doctor about this? Is it the same pain like the one you had before your surgery? If yes its very confusing. Prayers for you. 

• Posted

It's not the same pain as before the operation. I did mention it at my last appointment where I was discharged but can get back in contact if any problems he did not say anything about it. I went to the gp the day before and they did not seem to know about the pain cause either

• Posted

You have the full right to know what is causing the pain, sounds like a very serious one as you have mentioned. Keep us updated. 
  • Posted

Hi Eleanor -- I'm sorry this is happening to you...having one of my ovaries removed was a harder recovery than having the full hyst a few years later.

I am very concerned that your pain is getting worse again, so long after surgery..surely you've already called your Dr for their advice?? Did they diagnose it as just soft tissue injury or is that what you assume is happening? 

If you haven't yet, pls call your MD or call the Advice Nurse. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck to you, hope you are feeling much better very soon.

• Posted

Hi do you mind telling me how long it took for you to recover? I am going to remove one of my ovaries as well and its freaking me out. Thank you.
    • Posted

My strength I really noticed a difference about week 6 post op

Pain wise I still have issues week 8 which is annoying but I am going to get a gp appointment in the next few days and hopefully they will organise something to get it looked at further. The worst two weeks were the first two after my op. Good luck and get me updated

• Posted

As I was writing my 1st reply, I missed the other replies giving you the same advice as I gave...I'm still concerned that your Dr(s) brushed it off...pain can be anything and often your body can resolve itself. But post op pain isn't something I'd brush off...ask for a new appt with your ObGyn Surgeon and tell them you're worried about it and don't feel like you're having any relief...You shouldn't have to suffer. If you're running a fever, throwing up, feeling faint or dizzy, don't hesitate to go to the ER.

• Posted

Thanks the lady who is going to some physio with me starting Tuesday says soft tissue repair is common with this type of surgery and that's what she can hopefully help with. If after that appointment things don't get better or continue to cause me problems I will get better I will get in contact with the surgeon again. I did find it bad last Tuesday despite me saying that I was still having pain he did not even examine me. If things get really out of control I will go to.a and e

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear about this i had my left ovary and tube taken out in april i was in pain but not like u it took me about 6 to 8 week before i was healed if it gets any worse i woyld go to the er did u talk to your gyn about the pain i think they should do a mri to see if everything is ok again sorry to hear about this and hope u feel better
  • Posted

Update

Still having pain issues on my left side don't really get any break from it something is going on my left side as even my arm movement is different from my right side, so whether I have hurt myself or its something else I don't know whether I have done any damage. Awaiting news back from my original consultant as I have requested further tests or investigations.

• Posted

Did u get an appointment with your gyn doctor yet i think it might be a nerve pinch that they had did that is what it sounds like to me
    • Posted

Not for an appointment yet, how did you find out that it was a nerve pinch?
    • Posted

When u said that it is going to your arms and it is moving from side to side and your arm to me it sounds like a pinch nerve
    • Posted

I just looked up cervical radiculopathy symptoms
  • Posted

Update

Yesterday had a CT scan as gp thought the pain could be kidney stones. Came back clear. Still feeling weaker than I did a couple of weeks ago and pain left side but got an appointment with my consultant next Thursday so I can monitor things over the next week to see if things get better improve or get worse

• Posted

I hope everything improves and not get worse when u go to the doctors ask them about a pinch nerve and see what they say i hope u get better soon and keep me updated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.