Ovarian cyst post-op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I'm Eva..21

I just had a laparotomy of ovarian cyst 10x10cm Almost 4weeks now..

Well I know they say no sex before 6weeks but I was wondering how about the big O without putting in it?

And can I have see after 4weeks? 6 is a long time rolleyes

Thanks for your help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am 3 weeks post laparotomy for TAH and BSO for large cysts and endometriosis. I was told no intercourse for 6 weeks due to infection risk and removing cervix can leave top of vagina quite sore.

I am sure a bit of gentle foreplay and the big O would be fine if it's comfortable for you.

Was it just cysts removed?

• Posted

Thanks for your advice! Yea it was just cyst removed oh and the dr. said she reconstructed the left ovary as the cyst from there. My wound is about 8inches long..
  • Posted

Hi Eva

I'm 22 and had a vertical laparotomy to remove a cyst 18cm x 16cm and then a cluster of cysts on my other ovary.

I was time to wait at least 6 weeks before sex or anything because of how the muscles tense. However, I think just before 5 weeks I felt well enough in myself to have sex. I didn't have any problems.

You know what your body can handle and as long as your partner isn't putting any pressure on your stomach, I don't see why it'd be an issue xx

• Posted

Oo... What a relieved to hear that from you. Tq so much for your advice, as my partner and I really wanted to have some fun but I'm worried that something might happen inside..

Hope you're recovering perfectly well!

• Posted

Bless you. I really wasn't sure but thought what the hell. You can always stop if it's painful smile

Thank you smile I'm 9 weeks on and mostly healed! Hope you recover well xx

• Posted

I will wink can't wait to finally have some fun!

All the best and God bless. Xoxo!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.