Ovarian cyst removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am new to this, so I hope I have done this right.

Back in August 2016 I had an accident on a rollercoaster (the lap bar was loose and crashed into my pelvic area whilst descending down the first drop) the pain was immense. I knew I had done something but had no idea what. I was sick several times when I got off the ride and was in shock, I couldn't breath properly and the only position comfortable was on all fours.....it felt like labour pains. An ambulance was called an they had to give me 4 shots of morphine before they could straighten me out and take me to hospital. Once at the hospital they just done a few checks and blood tests then sent me home (which was 4 hours away 😕wink with co-codomol, no scan was given. I had terrible hulucinations from the morphine and co-codomol all the way home, causing my husband to nearly crash the car! The next day I was still being sick so took myself off to a&e for a scan. They said I was very badly bruised inside but there was no mention of a cyst. The pain continued so my GP sent me for an ultrasound (this was back in November 2016) she said I had an 8cmx6cm cyst that appears to be leaking. Suddenly it all started to make sense why I was in so much pain that day of the accident. She said is more than likely ruptured it when I took that blow to my tummy. I was referred to gyna. My app took absolutely ages and I have been in agony all this time, I have constant pain and symptoms of cystitis everyday, my life has been pretty miserable. My GP has given me 4 lots of antibiotics over the last few months for the uti but it's still there. I finally saw gyna doc 15th feb 2017 who has referred me for another scan! My scan is tomorrow eve and I am extremely anxious as to what it will reveal 😕 my tummy is so bloated I look pregnant, I am scared that in the last 4 months it has grown.....I work in a busy kitchen so lots of bending/lifting etc..I really don't know how I've managed to carry on. The gyna doc did say if it's still the same size or bigger it will need to be removed and I may lose my right ovary if it's twisted or looks unhealthy. I am hoping I can have keyhole surgery to remove it but I've been reading in here if they grow too big they have to operate. Has anyone else experienced the constant pain of cystitis everyday with their cyst? It's so draining, I just want it to end.

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

IM currently waiting to see my OB tomorrow afternoon about a cyst on my left ovary. First of all I'm sorry you went through all that and are still going through it. I too live in constant pain but the second er visit the other day I got pain meds and they have helped a lot but I still feel pressure down there and unfortunately the hallucinations, confusion and loss of appetite have appeared with it but I'd rather have those than be in the pain I was in. I hope you get it resolved soon.

• Posted

Hi there Tiffany, thanks for your reply. As much as I hate to think of others going through what I am it's nice to also know we're not alone.

I'm sorry to hear you are also in constant pain, these cysts are pretty miserable hey 😕 I hope tomorrow goes well for you x

I have just had a second ultrasound and it's not good news.....it has grown since November and is now 11cm, also I couldn't understand why they said it was my right ovary when most of the pain seemed to be in my left ovary ?? She said she could see my right ovary quite clearly but not my left. She now thinks it's coming from the left ovary but because it's so big is spreading across my right side. It's pretty likely I am going to lose my left ovary. It's also bleeding into itself which is probably where I ruptured it. She actually cannot believe how long I was left. I am seeing my gyna doctor weds am, and am praying he will suggest I have it taken out, just hope the wait isn't too long. Good luck for tomorrow, hope you get sorted soon, wouldn't wish this constant discomfort on anyone x

• Posted

Thanks darl, I hope you can get relief soon! My pain presents itself on the right side too. It it's on the left and it's not that big at all. But the pain is horrible. Keep us posted on how you're doing with everything and many prayers coming your way!

• Posted

Hi again, thank you for the prayers, much appreciated and right back at ya x

How did your appointment go?

I saw my gynae doctor and he said mine will definitely have to be removed asap, so there's me thinking great, let's do this and then his secretary checked his diary.....nothing until 13th April 😕 I wanted to cry! He made a couple of calls and managed to find me a slot with another surgeon for the 3rd April, that's still 4 weeks away on Monday 😳 I really don't think I can deal with this pain for another 4 weeks, I no its not a long time to wait but he said the fact that my cyst has ruptured and is bleeding into itself is making the pain that much worse. He has told me if my pain worsens I need to get myself straight to a&e quick and they will do an emergency op 😳 he explained I am in danger now of it twisting or bursting.....I asked him if I would know if it bursts and he said I'll definitely know about it as the pain will be extremely bad and I'll start to vommit! I am really scared now as that is exactly what happened when I had the accident back in August, I was in a right state that day and don't fancy going through that again 😢

He has put me on the cancellation list as urgent, but I'm guessing they don't get many cancellations as everyone seems to be in the same boat and has been waiting ages. He has told me I can't walk my dog anymore or put any kind of pressure on my abdomen. I am a worry head at the best of times and I feel completely useless. I have 2 children 12 and 9 and work part time in a busy kitchen while they are at school. I only do 3 hours a day but the job is very physical, lots of bending, stretching and heavy lifting....I am really worried its going to burst. I just don't know what to do for the best.... I am hell to live with, can't seem to handle the kids very well atm as I get easily annoyed and angry due to my pain, and my poor hubby is now trying to work full time, help me do the jobs around the house and help with kids and walk he dog! I just feel such a burden on everyone 😩 hate feeling this way.

• Posted

Hey, so sorry you have to wait that long! You're totally miserable, I know. Prayers for you that it doesn't twist or burst.

My appointment was okay, no removal yet because of my BMI and she doesn't think it's that pain causing it. It's a UTI of all things. She wants to rescan it in April and then if it still bothering me it'll come out. In the mean time I just deal with pain on pain pills and antibiotics. I do go see a bariatric surgery for weight loss surgery soon so that'll help everything too.

Good luck and many positive vibes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.