Ovarian cyst removal post op pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

11 weeks ago I have a ovarian cyst removed along with my right ovary. By about week 5 I was doing quite well then in week 7 end of I went downhill with a lot of discomfort in the operation area, because of my consultant being slow about getting things sorted I was in so much pain I went to emergency. A blood test before this revealed a change in my white blood cells, after a second visit to emergency they gave me antibiotics just to cover themselves. Went back into emergency who really did the blood test as my pain was getting worse and this time the blood test revealed my white blood cells were normal but I was really suffering. Was offered to option by my consultant for a laparoscopic investigation which I wanted soon as possible but now he wants a second opinion and meaning delaying the booking of the operation and making me suffer with the pain longer and an extra trip to hospital which I don't want . Also I am a private healthcare patient UK so have to use my insurance allowence to pay for this appointment I don't want. Any help on what could be causing this pain which can be awful and has gone on for three weeks or what I can do about this I

Unwanted appointment.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did u lift anything out of the ordinary with in them weeks from 5 to 7 if u did that is the only thing that i can think of cause when i had my ovary and tube removed i was lifting to soon and my body had let me know
  • Posted

I don't really know what to say then but to consult a gyn about your problems sorry that u are in pain and that u are going through this

• Posted

Blood tests have shown signs of infection inflammation buy my last blood test have shown normal but the pain still remains. CT scan shows all clear injury wise

Maybe a chance of a laposic operation but it getting delayed due to my consultant wanting a second opinion meaning putting up with the pain even longer. I have through his sectary managed to get an appointment with him even if he does not want me to have one. There is a tiny possiblity of endometriosis as I meet quite a bit of the criteria for it so I am as long as they let me keep the appointment mention it on Thursday

• Posted

Like i said before i am so sorry that u are going through this but i have no clue what it could be but when u find out what it is please keep me informed
    • Posted

I had an outpatient appointment today and I am having a laposic operation in two weeks today as there is no idea why I am in pain after the scans and blood tests. This fingers crossed will be the most effective way of finding out what's wrong. They wanted it the earliest they could get a slot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.