ovarian cyst removed advice pls

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I had a large cyst removed a week ago. Has anyone experienced night sweats ? Ikeep waking up drenched every night. I also have pains and aches everywhere!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. I had a 3 lb cyst when I was 19! That was terrifying!

I just remember that when I came round few hours later, that I had a frame blanket over my legs and a drip, and also a very windy sore tum!

But for years after the op I ached down on my scar line area. It's only just in the last few years it's stopped aching there now. Probably the way I was operated on on those years ago lol.

But I'm hoping that there are no cysts this time as I've had a bit of trouble and I'm going for an ultra sound on 9 th April I will leave feedback on here when I've had it done to help other ladies. 🐥😊🌹take care x

• Posted

Hiya hun. Im thinking it may possibly be something to do with your hormones maybe? I didnt suffer from this and cant seem to find much info on it. Have you had a fever of anything? X
  • Posted

No I dont think so . Did you ache everywhere my legs arms back everything just aches!!!
  • Posted

No it didnt for me. It was just my abdomen and funny feeling in my stomach for a few days. Hows the scar looking?
  • Posted

Also are you taking any pain killers? I was on ibuprofen and paracetamol for a couple weeks
  • Posted

Yeah paracetamol now. Did you feel bloated for a few weeks?
  • Posted

Yeah i did. And constipated for a few days after surgery. I tried not to take the stronger pain killers at the hospital because they only make it worse for me. If you are worried about anything hun get it checked out. The aches may just be your body recovering From the surgery x
  • Posted

My bloating has been over a week now. My ribs are really sore too feel like theyve been bruised. Did you get that ? Has anyone else had that ? Is it because they blew up everything so diaphragm is sore?

How are your scars now ?

• Posted

My scar int too bad. I haf laparotomy so its pretty big. I had surgery in ocrober anf can still feel it ache occassionally x
  • Posted

Hi I had my op in September and a full hysterectomy, and really suffer with the sweats day and night, along with pns and needles in my feet hands and face when I do sweat (nice) in the morning every part of me aches this is called menopausal Arthritis, I'm not taking HRT as I'm 47 this year, but i'm on some tablets which help to stop the side effects of lack of hormones they a low dose of antidepressants, and they do work.
  • Posted

Hi

I had an ooprarectomy on 31st march, just under two weeks ago, shoulder tip pain very bad due to gas until Sunday then disappeared . Now pain in rib cage. Whizeeze capsules help a lot!

I still get quite tired and have had 3 bouts of hot flushes, I'm 51 so I knew what to expect and as my ovaries weren't working due to dermoid cysts on both, the size of golf balls I think I was prepared for it. My stitches are healing well and I really have rested thanks to my man & daughter & family & friends. I'm hoping to be given the all clear to start driving next week but have been advised to not go back to work for 4/6 weeks. I hope things improve for you, please let me know xx take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.