Ovarian cyst surgery tomorrow

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm booked in tomorrow for removal of my large ovarian cyst but I've just started my period and am so upset they may not go ahead as I've been in so much pain for a long time. The letter says to let them know if my period is due but it's come early. Does anyone know if the surgeon is likely to do my op tomorrow because of this. I'd be truly grateful for any advice. Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had my TAH 6 weeks ago for my "large" cyst and I was still slightly bleeding when i had my surgery spoke to both the surgeon and anaesthesia doctor and it was not a problem for them. Just let then know when u get booked in. Hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

I had the same happen to me. I would suggest wearing a pad instead of tampon. They will still do the surgery hun. Xx

Hope this helps.

Tanya

• Posted

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know how it goes. Happy healing
  • Posted

Are you having keyhole surgery or a Laparotomy? (full open surgery)

I had a laparotomy and I dont remember if they asked me about my period when I was getting prepared for going to theatre.

I dont think it will effect it actually. I bled after the surgery, similar to a mini period so i actually dont think it will matter. Maybe another lady on here might have a more concise answer. Message me if you need to chat, need advice etc. Been over a year since mine.

• Posted

Many thanks catrinadawn, the surgeon has said they'll try to remove by keyhole surgery but may not be able to so I don't think I'll know until I wake up! I'll be glad to be rid of it either way. I'll probably have lots of questions after surgery. x

• Posted

Many thanks for all your helpful comments. Had my op yesterday and all went well. They had to remove my left ovary as the cyst was very large. There were no problems and I came home last night. Luckily they were able to do it by keyhole surgery. Very sore today but the healing process has begun! Thank you all 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.