Ovarian cyst symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I am Lisa, 38 years old. I have been having issues for about a year with painful urination, blood, Flank pain. My kidneys were investigated and the outcome normal. Tested neg for UTI. Those symptoms subsided, except for the flank pain. I still have that occasionally. Currently I am having sharp pain in lower left abdomen near groin. The pain radiates to my hip and buttock and upper thigh. The worst symptom is the pain in my rectum. It's so uncomfortable and it's constant. Did anyone who was diagnosed with ovarian cysts feel these symptoms? I have a pelvic ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks but I'm so curious to know what's causing these symptoms. Thank you for any help.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi there! I was recently diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I have the same pain as well. Hip,lower back, groin, upper thigh. I occasionally have rectum spasms. Can't have surgery until the covid19 ban is lifted. Pain and stress management is your friend. I use ice and heat pads. I alternate Alieve and Tylenol muscle 8hr. I take an Alieve PM at night so I can sleep. And make sure to keep those bowels moving or the pain will be worse. Lots of water, probiotics, veggies/fiber (soft foods), and a magnesium supplement. Deep breathing exercises help the body calm itself. I've been dealing with this since last November since the doctor couldn't figure out what it was. Hang in there. Find things that make you laugh and feel good, it helps. Sending prayers

• Posted

Thankyou for this really helpful message Angel.

I have had problems with a possible cyst for a few weeks now.

The last time I had one was about 5 years ago. Thankfully it settled in a few months.

I am feeling slightly nauseous this time - have you had that happen before?

Also, what are the signs you need help straight away? Is it a temperature?

As you say, not a great time at present to be visiting the surgery if you can help it.

Many thanks.

• Edited

Yes i had these same exact symptoms. it was so painful during my period i could barely move. once i had my surgery that resolved .. best thing i ever did was remove that thing from my ovary!!

• Posted

Thank you! I appreciate your reply! I will try and check in after my ultrasound 😃

• Posted

My ultrasound came back. I have a cyst in my right ovary and possible uterine fibroids forming. I also have cervical cysts but apparently these are considered normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.