Ovarian cyst went from simple to complex in two months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

I've had a paraovarian cyst for four years that has always been normal but recently became slightly complex. I have been getting regular ultrasounds for the past few years due to breakthrough bleeding after sex and bloating between periods ( I'm on the pill). I had an ultrasound in March and again in May, and within two months, the cyst had changed from simple to having a small solid part. It has however, decreased in size from about 3 centimeters to 2.5 centimeters.  My OBGYN told me to monitor it for now so going back for an ultrasound in two weeks-- two months after the initial complex diagnosis. How worried should I be? Is it strange for a cyst to change from simple to complex within a few months? I haven't had children yet so wondering if there are any additional precautions I should be taking to protect my fertility (freezing eggs?) Would appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If it is a simple cysts it should go away that is what happen to me all i can say is just keep an eye out on it the way u was talking is that it is getting smaller if it went from 3 down to 2 it is disappearing u should be ok and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.