Ovarian Cysts?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For 6 months I've been having bloating, nausea, heartburn and feeling super full even though I ate little to nothing! For them to tell me it was IBS 4 times! I've changed my diet exercise and nothing has changed! I had 2 ER visits in that time one being this past week! I was told to go on FODMAP diets and exercise no results. I could eat something like eggs or a slice of toast and bloat for the entire day! I basically begged for them to run any test that would help me find out the answer. They ran an ultrasound and x-ray and they found out I have two ovarian cysts that most likely have been causing the bloating for so long. That night I felt like I was having excruciating cramps! I have a follow-up Tuesday morning to see what is actually wrong!! I’m also worried about what's going to happen next since I wasn’t told how big the cysts were!!! I’ve been vomiting water as well since the ER visit a few nights ago!. I’m also 23 image

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hello!

Although, it took a while to get on the right path after so many misdiagnoses, you are close to getting to a plan of action. If you are vomiting water, I would call your doctor today or go been seen at a hospital. You have the classic symptoms of Ovarian Cancer, but large cysts, especially two can also cause your symptoms and I am praying it's the latter. Ovarian Cancer is usually misdiagnosed in the beginning and with your age, doctors tend to come up with other illnesses or conditions rather than cancer. Did the ultrasound sound say what kind of cysts you have and the size?

• Posted

I'm still quite uncomfortable I go in tomorrow morning. I just got the results and my ovarian cyst is 1.8 x 2.1 x 2.2 cm on the left side and right side is 1.0 x 1.1 x 1.6 cm I don't know how much that can really affect me despite there size I cant make bowel movements or go the the bathroom as much as I think I need to go! my results also said that it might be hemorrhagic or corpus luteal on the left and the right side is paraovarian cyst! I can only drink water in moderation as of now despite how much of a dry mouth I have! Is there any tests I should ask for something that should be checked out?!

• Edited

A CA 125 test measures the amount of the protein CA 125 (cancer antigen 125) in your blood. A CA 125 test may be used to monitor certain cancers during and after treatment. In some cases, a CA 125 test may be used to look for early signs of ovarian cancer in people with a very high risk of the disease.

• Edited

Your cyst are on the small side, but the Paraovarian mass is usually benign, but on rare occasion can become malignant.

• Edited

They can still do the test. The Paraovation mass is what I would ask about in regards to is physical characteristics.

• Posted

I'll make sure to ask for it! I hope it isn't more than the cysts! I've been so uncomfortable my left ovary has been hurting more since the ER visit!

• Posted

I was told its nothing to worry about and I'm going to have another ultrasound about 6 weeks to recheck it! I'm still quite still bloated so now I'm also being referred to a GI!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.