ovarian cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

In june 2001 i had a partial hysterctomy ( left my both ovaries) for about the last 3 to 4 years i've been suffering with excrutiating lower abdominal pain, every10 to 12 weeks which was usually brought on after going to the loo. my G.P always concluded it to be a 'bug' prescibed painkillers and so it went on. then in january 2008 after an episode i couldn't move around, walk or do anything because of the pain and was rushed in to hospital, where after numerous tests and scans they discovered a cyst on my right ovary and alot of 'free fluid' which indicated that the one on my left ovary had burst. i had to stay in hospital for 4 days and told they would scan me again in 8 weeks time to see if they had returned or not. when i was scanned in april every thing was good NO CYSTS NO FREE FLUID a ok. not for long rushed back into hospital in may where they discovered a 3.5cm cyst on my left ovary and another on my right. i am now awaiting a laporoscopy because the pain and discomfort is still there, admittedly no where near as bad, but still there.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I too was rushed in after experiencing the worst pain I have ever felt in my life they kept me in for 3 days and discovered I had a 10 x 6 cyst. As the pain wasnt as bad they sent me home again and once I had my period the pain eased off dramatically although I did feel sick for about a week. Now a month later I still have a huge belly) although comfort eating doesnt help. But relatively pain free although sometimes if I get up to quickly I can feel a pulling and it really hurts and I keep getting shooting pains on my vagina and bottom.

I have to go for another ultra sound on AUG 20th to see whats happening to it. I hope if its still there they will remove it as I always feel drained and scared to have sex with my husband as it hurts.

I always wonder each day if that awful pain will ever come back

• Posted

i had my scan 15th august also another internal scan. it has left me in alot of discomfort aching in my back and i look and feel 6 months pregnant :? on the up side ( if there is one ) i've got my pre assesment appointment on 20th august looking to have a laporoscopy on the 1st sept. the cysts are still there and the sonographer seemed to think that they are happening on alternate ovaries with every due cycle left one month right the next and so on, so i have always got them :cry: as i'm 42 and already had my womb and cervix removed when i told my consultant i'd rather have them removed than go on with this continuous pain she was mortfied :shock: i just feel that this has pulled me down for so long and the thought of having this until i have completed the menopause (which could last for another 15 yrs) is not even worth considering. I have been on and off work so often since january. my GP is never happy to sign me back, but i just trying to be as normal as possible. right now i'm just feeling sooo low.i think the best way to describe it to a man is to ask how th'd like to have these cysts on thier testicles then perhaps they'd understand how you feel. i too want to come back as a man!
  • Posted

Well its getting sorted 1st sept

Your pre ass appointment is the same day as my scan

So nervous and I have a twitching eye and tense neck with stress thinking about it.

Just had an awful period which wasnt too heavy but I was in pain and still am a bit. Going out in my car was agony I could feel every bump.

Went shopping on Saturday and then spent all Sunday sat on my sofa all day as I was so tired and even slept

Tonight I feel sick.

At least after wednesday I will know what is what

• Posted

Positive news it's being fixed - best of luck, you'll be a new wummin in no time.

Janice smile

• Posted

Janice does it really make a difference??

How big was your cyst?

Tracey x

• Posted

Does what make a difference Flower?

I was told mine was about 6cm round - although I'm still not sure if it's a endometrial or dermoid cyst - the doc was leaning more to the dermoid option.

I'm just so uptight about all this - wish it would just vanish.

• Posted

I was just wondering if having the cyst removed makes a huge difference

I have my scan in 1hr 40 mins and I am so anxious. I think the surgeon is hoping it has shrank.

I know I am not in as much pain but I still am not right so today will be the decider. I feel sick

Hope your pre op appointment is ok let me know how you get on

Tracey xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.