ovarian cysts 3cm would this cause pain during sex and other symptoms ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am 51 and had an ultrasound  in April because I had severe bloating which would not go away.They found 2 simple  cysts one on each ovary, one was 3cm and one about 2cm.  I have a mirena IUS and have not had periods for many years due to this,so don't know where I am menopause wise, only that I was getting a lot of symptoms so went on HRT so am guessing I am peri menopausal( I have been on HRT patches for 15 months now).

I had a CA 125 test (twice) which came back normal , score of 8. So they said to repeat the Ultrasound in 4 months. Just had US and the one on my left has now got a little bigger and have been referred back to consultant as my GP said she wasn't sure what to do next and wanted someone who knew what they were looking at to see the scan.

Recently I have been getting pain on my left side of my pubic bone during orgasm which comes up a little into lower abdomen, it is very sharp and then goes pretty quickly but still feels a bit uncomfortable for a while after. I spoke to another  GP at my surgery (not the one that referred me) and she said a 3cm cyst would be unlikely to cause symptoms and was a bit dismissive and said to try another sexual position! The bloating had been so bad I felt at times that I could not eat very much and also at times has been pressing on my diaphragm and causing me to feel like I cannot get enough air into my lungs. I have an appointment with consultant gynae in November.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thing as far as the bloating i can't really eat cause i am full i am bloated and in pain i hope everything turns out ok with u

• Posted

I had a 2 cm simple cyst that caused a lot of pain and discomfort.  I’m still having issues and nausea/ lack of appetite comes and goes.  Unsure if mine is related to cysts or not, won’t know until I talk to my GP next week.  Hoping you get answers too!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.