ovarian cysts

Posted , 4 users are following.

when i was 16 i was told i have small cysts on my ovaries but they were nothing to worry about. I have today had a ultra sound and an internal ultrasounds as i had been having certian pains linked with ovarian cysts.and have been told i have a large cyst on my left ovary. I am very concerned and worried about this as i have been told i am getting reffered to a gyno. Ive been told to ring my doctor later to discuss this. im 21 years old, should i be worried?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How big is the cyst? What symptoms were you having?
    • Posted

Been having lower back pain sometimes and lower abdomen pain. The cyst is 10 cm big which has worried me a lot more. I spoke to doctors on Friday and he has told me to go for a blood test on Wednesday to check for cancer in my blood. Very scared and worried rolleyes
    • Posted

It's ok it's normal procedure for the blood test as soon as they saw cysts on my ovaries he ordered it was it the ca 125 blood test ?dis they say if it was a simple or complex cyst ? I have 3 and all complex xxx
    • Posted

OK thank you that has made me feel a bit better 😊 I can't really remember what cyst he said it was I got into a bit of a panic so some of the things the doctor said went straight over my head
    • Posted

Honestly you are absolutely fine they are just looking after you.how old are you ? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.