Ovarian cysts

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I really would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with some anwsers please. I'm 17 years old and went to the doctors due to pain around my belly button and it was agonizing. She is basically 100% sure I have ovarian cysts On both of my ovaries. The pain is constant every day, most of the time feeling sick and feeling a bit hot. I have my ultrasound on Wednesday however I'm really nervous. Is it painful? Also how soon after the ultrasound will I receive the results? And also, if I have to have them removed how soon will I be in hospital and Booked in for surgery? Thank you in advance for answering my questions!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey jordan

you are quick on it - well done. ultrasound doesnt usually hurt and your doc knows the other answers  (:  . best try to relax - easy to say but useful do do. best -

• Posted

Hi no an ultrasound is not at all painful and results will go to your doctor probably within a week if you have to have them removed youd probably be in and out within a day or two try not to worry xx
  • Posted

Hi Jordan! Ultrasounds don’t typically hurt, maybe a little pressure but definitely durable. If they do find you have cysts, Be relieved! It’s better to find it when you’re young to keep your fertility healthy for when it’s time to have a family.  The operation is quite simple and is really fast. I found out I had a cyst on September 28, scheduled my surgery October 19. I checked in to the hospital at 5:45, operation started shortly after 7, and I was on my way out before lunch. It took me two weeks to be back on my feet completely, but it’s best to let your body heal. I hope your doctor appointment goes well & you find the cause of your symptoms! X

• Posted

I wanted to add that during the ultrasound, you as well as the technician will be seeing the results together as they perform the ultrasound. You’ll know what’s going on along with those who are taking care of you. You’re in good hands
  • Posted

I think the technician can tell you if you have any. And tbh they might not remove them if they are under 5 cm. I had one that was 4 cm and they didnt feel the need to tske it out then a month update it was still there but shrunk to a 2 cm cyst. So operation wasnt done. It also depends on what kind of cyst as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.