Ovarian cysts, in neee of some advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey, first time using this site so I'm not too sure how it works yet,

I'm 18 and have been suffering from ovarian cysts for the last 4 years, I've had two laparoscopy's, tried contraceptive pills and numouras different painkillers and I'm still in so much pain because of the size of the cyst, but I just seem to be hitting a brick wall, nobody seems to be able to help. Due to my age they said they would not take my ovaries out, not really what I want anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on medication or surgery which may help

Thank you x

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Chloe,

I was 18 when I had my first cyst removed.  I would seek another doctor because the can remove just the cyst and keep the ovary at your age.  Remember it's your choice and you have a voice.  Again, doctors can remove just the cyst if there is no damage to the ovary.   Good Luck!

• Posted

Thank you!!! I just felt really lost as they are telling me they are getting bigger each time but they then leave me longer with it as I've had a few burst, just needed to see if someone else understood! I'll defiantly speak to another doctor!

Thank you xx

• Posted

You are young to be getting lost with this....  I'm much older than you and mine is now 8cm (same ovary) so I have made the hard decision to have the cyst, ovary, and tube remove.  I really don't need and it is my 2nd one on the same side.  

With you being so young, I'd go to another doctor and find out more as to why you keep getting them being on contraceptive, maybe you need a different kind or brand.

Best of luck and keep in touch!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.