Ovarian Cysts or IBS??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last January I got started getting really sick. I was having so much abdominal pain that I wasn't eating very much because of the pain, and it would wake me up every night at 3am. It still does that! I went to the ER a lot but every time they said it was either IBS or ulcers, and kept prescribing me Zofran and Bentyl. This lasted all year, and I ended up losing close to 60 pounds just from not being able to eat. One day I could eat one thing, then the next I couldn't. 

the one time they did a CT scan at the ER they said that they found some ovarian cysts and some had burst, and they saw a lot of fluid in my cervix. They didn't say anything else about it. I finally went to a GI and she wouldn't listen to me. She sent me for an allergy test, and at that appointment the doctor didn't understand why I would have a food allergy and didn't do the test. That happened with a couple doctors. 

A year later and I'm still having problems. I look like I'm pregnant but I took a test 2 nights ago and it was negative. I'm on birth control and haven't missed a pill in like 8 months. I noticed the last few periods have gotten shorter and shorter, my last one I only bled for 2 days when its normally 3 or 4. Should I take another test?? My biggest fear is getting pregnant so my husband and I are normally pretty careful, but still, I'm kinda freaking out. 

I'm having a lot of pain, all over my abdominal region, and I don't know what to do. I don't have insurance so I can't go to the ER or the doctor, but I'm starting to get worried. 

I can't tell if all the nausea, pain, bloating, and constipation is from IBS or if I have a lot of cysts. Where my left ovary is is very sore and feels like there may be something there. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried an elimination diet? Cut out all grains, soy, sugar, dairy, legumes, etc for at least two weeks then bring it back and see how you feel?
    • Posted

I'm trying that now. I've cut out most sugars too. 

• Posted

I feel the same way

Pain on left. I have sono and ultrasound tomorrow

So nervous

• Posted

Hi ana30167

There should have been a follow up in relation to your burst cysts and fluid in your cervix...you have to get this checked out ...go bk to your doc and ask to be referred to a gynaecologist..burst cysts and the fluid they produce should not be ignored...get an apppointment asap.....best wishes....keep us posted...

• Posted

I saw my gyno like 3 months ago, I told her about that and she told me that was normal for girls my age. I have a lot of ovarian pain, and pain during sex too, she told me it was normal, and I wasn't "turned on" enough. I feel like every doctor I go to never fully listens. I'm really tired of this.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.