Ovarian cysts very confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was initially sent for a US as i had a period that lasted 13 weeks i was passing clot s the size of my hand also had pain and nausea etc.. At the US it was confirmed i had a 10cm cyst on my left ovary and a 5cm on the right. Was reffered to a gyn who sent me for a further IS in 6 weeks and a ca125 blood test. The ca125 results came back with a count o f 13. I attended my second us and the nurse performing the ultrasound said that the cyst on my last had grown to 12cm and the one on my right had grown to 6.5 which made sense and all of my pain is on my left and also the left side of my belly is bigger than the right and my belly hangs down more on the left side than the right.

So fast-forwar d to today i met with the gyn who read out my last us results and said my 10cm cyst on the left had disappeared and a have a 10cm and a 6.5 cyst on my right ovary. I said that's impossible as the ultrasound nurse had told me something different but he is adamant they're ot h on my right he wants to do an mri exam but didn't tell !e why and wants to meet again i 2 months. I said I cant possibly wait another 2 months as the pain is awful it really hurts when I need a number 2 or when I have to pee (he said that has nothing to do with the cysts) and told him the size difference with my belly but he didn't seem to care m much. I just don't know where to turn

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know how true it is, but I've read in several places, how an ultrasound is only as good/accurate as the person carrying out the scan.  My first ultrasound was carried out by a sonographer and then reviewed by a radiological doctor, so she was quite evasive with what she'd seen.   I had a follow-up ultrasound on my liver carried out by a doctor who gave me the full results there and then.  So could it be that your ultrasound was looked at by someone else and they had a different view, or maybe the sonographer saw something different on the recorded images.  

• Posted

I feel exactly the same I’ve been haven awful

Pressure in my abdominal for months constipation an frequent goin to the loo nothing has helped me my doctors make me feel like an simple they also said that haven ovarian cysts wouldn effect me in that way so I’m so confused meself I’m litterly getn no wer this is awful that we all have to go through this xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.