Ovarian lesion with internal vascularity, afraid of ovarian cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

back in march i had bad stomach pain that i thought was my apendix, i went to an urgent care and they sent me for a CT SCAN. everything looked good they said except for a lot of fluid in my pelvis and they thought i had a cyst that ruptured and they were afraid i had a bleeding issue and sent me to the ER. they did an internal and said the fluid was normal but found a lesion on my left ovary with internal vascularity measuring 1.8x1.5x1.6 and said to follow up with my GYN. she sent me for an MRI with contrast and MRI reported they didnt see anything. idk how thats possible? im afraid they just missed it on the mri, and my gyn wont do another internal for 6 months because the mri said nothing was there. but its really messing with my anxiety because i know with the internal flow thats most likely malignant.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can relate to the anxiety of not being sure if something is wrong. My suggestion would be to get a second opinion, see another OB and explain you'd like to be sure, and don't be afraid to ask the doctor to prove it's not cancer to alleviate any concerns you have. It's better to be over tested and nothing show, than to possibly miss a potentially life threatening disease. Good luck, my thoughts are with you.

• Posted

hi i thought the same thing but my

cyst had internal vascularity and was a benign dermoid cyst they couldnt tell what it was on ultrasound but it was so big the mri was able to give

me an accurate diagnosis. i would go to a more corporate, centralized radiology office not a private doctor!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.